Job Title: Procurement Officer
MAYA VAKFI is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Procurement Officer at our Main Office.
Project Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Project Duration: 9 months
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Field Office through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma Informed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and finally, through its Volunteer Program Maya provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
· Lead the implementation and monitoring of all procurement related activities to support Maya Vakfi’s programs
· Perform as a team leader to the procurement/logistics unit
· Overall responsibility in managing and ensuring compliance in procurement including but not limited to creating and maintaining systems and procedures for procurement; supply and contracting of good and services (including lease agreements); stock management and asset control
· Ensure accurate documentation and record keeping in relation to all Purchase Orders and Goods Received Notes(GRN)
· Conducting regular market price analysis and identifying/evaluating vendors performance on a regular basis.
· Act as a focal point with donor and partner procurement focal points
· Undertake any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned by the Program Director or General Director
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
· Undergraduate university degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics or a related field
· At least 3 years of experience in a similar role with at least 1-2 years’ experience working with international and national NGOs in Turkey
· Experience creating, drafting and adhering to procurement systems/procedures for NGOs
· Experience working with vendors and service providers
· High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word and Excel)
· Fluency in Turkish and working knowledge of English is a must.
· Experience with drafting financial reports, budget management and cash-flow management
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV anda Cover letter to the email provided in an apply button referring to the position they are applying for by January 31st, 2018.