Position: Procurement Officer
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Start Date: ASAP
Global Communities’ Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is commencing responding directly in Syria, intensifying GC’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This will be done through an approach to programming where projects will be focused on the sustainability rather than relief delivery.
GC is a fully registered organization in Turkey and are currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Turkey.
GC is seeking a qualified person to be based in Gaziantep as a Procurement Officer. The Procurement Officer reports to the Senior Procurement Officer
The Procurement Officer is responsible for the following:
- Support Sr. Operations Manager to develop and monitor the Procurement Plan for GC to ensure timely procurement of goods, services and works.
- Develop procurement flow chart and protocols for GC showing clear responsibilities
- Maintain a procurement tracking system for GC and provide regular updates to the Senior Management Team regarding the status of outstanding procurements
- Work with GC staff to undertake the tendering, evaluation and monitoring of contracts, including reviewing documents received from partners for completeness and correctness and facilitating timely support from relevant team members in GC
- Provide support for the contract management.
- Provide the needed documents to HQ Compliance Department when requested.
- Provide support to the Sr. Operations Manager to ensure that all procurements meet donor regulations and GC standards and practices.
- Assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing.
- Regularly revise/update list of suppliers based on different sector of goods, services and work.
- Participate in negotiation of contract terms on a range of central contracts and to monitor performance against these contracts.
- Support the Senior Management Team in providing all customs related documents, invoices, etc. from the supplier and follow up with the Finance & Admin Manager FAM on payments.
- Support and undertake projects with value for money report findings and make recommendations to support change of policy.
- Demonstrate a service-oriented approach to assisting the program team in understanding requirements and completing tasks
- Support, when needed, the Senior Management Team in maintaining project files that are related to procurement
- Carry out any other related duties as might be reasonably requested by the Supervisor.
Education and Training
- A university degree in a relevant field or a combination of experience and education working in this sector.
- Knowledge of accepted procurement practices and principles
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in procurement systems reporting,
- Past work with international donor funded programs preferred.
- High analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to solve problems in the field with suppliers
- Good command of spoken and written English and Turkish.
- Excellent command of excel and other database applications.
- Computer/word processing and standard office software skills.
Due to the urgency of this position; the position is open only to candidates holding Turkish Nationality.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter no later than 1 November, 2019. Please, make sure to put the Job Title and Vacancy Number in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We envision a world where everyone has the freedom, means and ability to live and prosper with dignity.
Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
About Global Communities
We don’t tell the community what to do, they tell us.
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself.
We make a difference by engaging with communities, governments, the private sector, and NGOs as partners for good—bringing together complementary strengths and shared responsibilities to work toward common goals.
Global Communities has existed for more than 60 years. Until 2012, we were known as CHF International and, before that, the Cooperative Housing Foundation. We are a non-profit organization.
What distinguishes our work?
The power of what we do lies in our ability to develop relationships that put the people of the community at the forefront of their own development. Enriched by the ability to build trust and understanding, it is our heartfelt focus on community and partnership that distinguishes our work.
Global Communities currently works in more than 20 countries around the world in Africa, Asia, Europe & the Caucasus, Latin America & the Caribbean and the Middle East.