SKL-International is looking for two Procurement Officers for the Turkey component of the Resilience in Local Governance Project (RESLOG), focused on municipalities in areas of migration, integration and resilience. The project is financed by the Swedish Government as part of its regional support policies for the Syrian crisis. In Turkey, the project is working with selected unions of municipalities, municipalities and other local actors.
The overall objective of the programme in Turkey is to contribute to enhanced policy framework, improved dialogue, and strategic capacity for sustainable and resilient local governance in Turkey. The purpose of the programme encompasses
- contributing to developing national migration policies that reflect local realities and needs,
- strengthening inter-municipal learning and support structures through regional unions, and
- improving integrated planning and holistic governance at the municipal level.
The project is managed by a project office based in Ankara, Turkey. Overall project management is through SKL-International’s head office in Stockholm, who oversees the Turkish component, as well as a component implemented in Lebanon.
About SKL International
SKL International is an affiliate of the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SALAR), an organisation that represents the municipalities and regions of Sweden. SKL International manages international development projects in the areas of local governance and local democracy, decentralisation, and local service delivery. Our work is mostly financed by the Swedish government as part of its international development cooperation. More info is on our website at www.sklinternational.se.
Services and Availability
Under the supervision of National Project Manager, Procurement Officer will be responsible for the procurement of goods and services for RESLOG Turkey Project. He/she will conduct and carry out all procurement-related processes including preparations of procurement documents, advertising, evaluation of the bids, communication with the vendors, finalization of the procurement process and reporting. For all procurement in the RESLOG Project, the Sida Procurement Guideline constitutes the rules framework. The Procurement Officer has to read, understand and oblige with Sida Procurement Guideline as well as follow the SKL-I financial routines.
Procurement Officer will deliver the services specified below within an up to 50 work-days time frame in the period between 15 September 2020 and 15 December 2020. The position maybe extended into 2021.
The Procurement Officer guarantees his/her presence and effective availability for the tasks and declares s/he is free from any other definitive or conditional commitment which would prevent him/her from starting and carrying out him/her obligations arising from this ToR.
Qualifications & skills
- Excellent communications skills;
- Working effectively as part of a team;
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Sound judgment and discretion.
- Capacity to work under pressure, manage stress and adapt to rapidly evolving situations;
- Excellent reporting, documentation and archiving skills
- Computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Resident in Ankara, Turkey and can work at the project office
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, management and administrative sciences and any other relevant field
- At least 7 years of general professional work experience
- At least 3 years (preferably the last 3 years) of procurement specific work experience as a procurement practitioner
- Former experience in procurement related assignments/processes in internationally funded projects
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills in English and Turkish
How to apply
The assignment is expected to start in September 2020. Interested applicants should submit a CV and a letter of interest describing the applicant’s suitability for the position no later than 20 August 2020 with ref: PO–RESLOG TURKEY.
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be further contacted.
SKL International is an affiliate of the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SALAR), an organisation that represents the municipalities and regions of Sweden. SKL International manages international development projects in the areas of local governance and local democracy, decentralisation, and local service delivery. Our work is mostly financed by the Swedish government as part of its international development cooperation.More info is on our website at www.sklinternational.se.