Product Management Consultant for UNFPA App
Contract Type: Local Individual Consultancy Contract
Closing Date: 22 February 2023
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS APPLYING FOR THIS TEMPORARY POSITION MUST HAVE A VALID RESIDENCE PERMIT OR TURKISH PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR TURKISH CITIZENSHIP.
UNFPA has been implementing its 7th Country Programme in Turkiye covering 2021- 2025. UNFPA Turkiye Country Office, for fifty years, has been working on promoting mother and child health, improving reproductive health and rights, empowering young people to fulfill their potential, promoting gender equality, combating against gender-based violence (GBV) and enhancing collection, use, and dissemination of development data in collaboration with state institutions, non-governmental organizations, private sector and universities.
Legal frameworks to protect women’s rights, reproductive health and prevent violence against women are mostly in place. However, gaps in access to knowledge and services persist due to limited prevention and protection tools, mechanisms, and measures. Hence, UNFPA Turkiye works to foster the empowerment of women by utilizing information, digital tools, and social and health services to improve their wellbeing and eliminate gender-based violence (GBV). In addition, UNFPA supports multi-sectoral service coordination among organizations working on violence against women and child, early and forced marriages.
Against this backdrop, UNFPA has developed an online application, called Amber, which serves as an innovative platform for all women, including survivors of violence, by allowing them to continuously learn about and name all forms of GBV while benefiting from adaptive and resilient GBV services, ensuring their right to a life free of violence, while protecting the best interests of women, even during public health emergencies, when resources are diverted to respond to the overall health crisis. It is also an app for service providers working to prevent and respond to GBV, by offering them a user-friendly and unique knowledge platform on GBV case management and customized referral pathways to ease effective service provision.
Amber was developed and released in the Apple and Google Play stores in 2022, with a launch event scheduled for March 2023. In this respect, UNFPA Country office needs to hire a consultant to quickly respond to the urgent needs after the launch event, such as updating some crucial information, fixing bugs, and technical dysfunctions, and streamlining the content to ensure its wider use.
For this purpose, UNFPA Turkiye office will hire a Product Manager Consultant to technically support the application and fulfill the needs of UNFPA team when necessary.
How You Can Make a Difference:
UNFPA, Sexual and Reproductive Health Agency of the United Nations, is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience:
Education and Experience:
- University degree in computer science, engineering, management of information systems, social sciences or a related discipline and at least 4 years of relevant professional experience in the field of product management or in the active digital SaaS product development sector.
- or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, management of information systems, social sciences or a related discipline and at least 2 years of relevant professional experience in the field of product management or in the active digital SaaS product development sector.
- Experience with mobile application development, including needs assessment and user engagement.
Skills and Competencies:
- Balsamiq, Figma, Whimsical or equivalent wireframing and prototyping/mock-up tools
- Pendo, Hotjar, GA or equivalent analytics and insights tools
- Atlassian JIRA for tracking ongoing needs/requirements, organizing development sprints, and overall project management
- Atlassian Confluence for documentation and requirement management.
- Experience in working with industrial clients is an asset.
- Knowledge of UI/UX design is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN system is an asset.
- Having experience in application development is an asset on the platforms listed below,
- Flutter for android iOS,
- Nodejs for backend,
- MongoDB for database,
- AngularJS for admin panel.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Turkish is required
UNFPA started working in 1969 and began working with the Government of Turkey in 1971. UNFPA Turkey activities were initially carried out on a project-by-project basis. The first multi-year Country Programme ran from 1988 to 1992. The Sixth Country Programme (2016 to 2020) is currently underway.
For more than forty years, UNFPA in Turkey has support to:
Promote mother and child health,
Improve reproductive health and rights,
Empowering young people fulfil their potential
Promote gender equality,
Combat violence against women,
Enhance collection, use, and dissemination of development data.
in collaboration with state institutions, non-governmental organizations, private sector and universities.
Since 2011 UNFPA is also supporting the humanitarian response efforts of Turkey on promoting reproductive health and combating gender based violence.