Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health and Nutrition; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood and Social Programs as well as Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International (MI) has been working since 2012 in the context of the humanitarian crisis in Syria. The various programs are being implemented in Kilis, Reyhanlı and Istanbul in Turkey, in the Aleppo region and Idlib in Syria, in northern Lebanon and the Beeka plain in Lebanon, and since 2014 in Iraq.
MI has been registered in Turkey since 2014 and has built up its own office structure. MI has two offices in southeastern Turkey (Kilis and Gaziantep). The Malteser InternationaI team provides technical expertise and oversees management and administration of the partner implemented projects in Turkey and Northern Syria. It is responsible for the procurement of the main medical supplies, the reporting and application as well as the quality assurance. In addition to the implementation of humanitarian and transitional aid projects, Malteser International´s strategic objective is the strengthening of the civil society structures in Turkey and Syria.
Malteser International focusses in Turkey on the sectors health, livelihood, protection as well as social cohesion.
In support of our work in Turkey / Syria, Malteser International is looking for an Gaziantep based – with frequent travel to Kilis:,
Program Assistant (m/f/d) – National position
Purpose of the Position: Assisting the Program Department, specially, the Program Advisor in the day-to-day program and project related activities as per guidance.
Information and Data Management:
- Timely collection, compilation, analysis, production and submission of the project data and information for monthly, quarterly and final reports as per guidance of the supervisor
- Assist in health related Information management and record keeping: standards, policies, plans, strategies, guidelines, references, tools and other related circulars and policies of the government, donors and UN agencies
Reporting and Project Development:
- Drafting monthly, interim and final reports of the projects as per guidance of the supervisor
- Assist in drafting project proposals and concept notes as per guidance of the supervisor
- Preparing status and progress reports time to time as per guidance of the supervisor
- Support the M&E Department with data, information and analysis results of the projects
- Support the Logistic department in the project-related procurement process whenever asked for
- Routine communications with MI partners whenever needed as per guidance of the supervisor
- Attending external meetings as per advice of the supervisor
- In case the safety and security situation allows, perfrom field visits to the project sites in Turkey and Syria as per advice of the supervisor.
- Performing any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Basic qualifications and conditions:
- Turkish citizenship.
- Pleasant personality- polite, patient, diplomatic and motivated to the humanitarian works.
- University Certified in Medical Science, Social Science, Business, IT or related field. PMD certificate will be highly valued.
- At least 2 years’ of experience in humanitarian project and program department with NGOs and/or UN.
- Excellent skills in Excel based worksheets, database management, data analysis, data presentation and narrative reporting; skills in database software operations will be an advantage.
- Very good skills in English- reading, writing, speaking and communicating; substantial knowledge in both Turkish and Arabic language will be an advantage.
- Having internet facilities to work online from home.
- Net monthly salary is EUR 850 – EUR 920
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview process.
Interested candidates in this position, please send your application at email@example.com
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, personal data consent form for candidates which you can download, copies of diplomas and three professional references) by Monday 6 December 2021.
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin.
D-51103 Cologne / Germany
We provide emergency relief in crises such as natural disasters, epidemics, or armed conflicts. During acute crises, teams from Malteser International are on the ground as soon as possible to provide emergency medical care, and ensure the supply of food and other essential aid materials as needed. Supporting the health of the person in an integrated way is the central aim of our work.