Yeryüzü Doktorlari Derneği (YYD) is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health based development programs nearly 50 countries worldwide.
In partnership with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Services and international organizations such as World Health Organization, YYD provides comprehensive MHPSS and social integration services for refugees and vulnerable host communities within Turkey.
YYD is looking experienced Program Coordinator who will be responsible for granted projects.
2.Tasks and Responsibilities
The Program Coordinator supervise project coordinators of granted projects and report to Head of Programs. Responsibilities of the Program Coordinator include operational management, human resources (HR) management, financial management, communication and representation of YYD to local authorities. The Program Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring the quality & appropriateness of the project activities, implementation & evaluation of these activities.
Tasks and activities of the Program Coordinator include (but are not limited to):
- Assuring the follow-up and respect for the mission/project objectives within the strategy of YYD.
- Project staff recruitment, and disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Briefing new arrivals and debriefing departing staff on the political, contextual, programmatic and overall functioning of the mission/project.
- Ensuring appropriate administrative, financial and logistical YYD systems/procedures are in place according to project proposal including budget monitoring of activities, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Ensuring monthly reporting on project achievements and donor reports as requested.
- Supervising the overall project teams and ensure close collaboration between the logistic, medical and administrative departments and good team spirit.
- Continuously assessing the needs & adjust the programs to the needs.
- Staying alert to any humanitarian needs in the country/project and submits plans, proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant team.
- Maintains, explains and defends the principles of YYD to the project staff, the authorities and other partners.
- Builds good contacts with medical and civil authorities, other NGOs & UN agencies, and participates to all relevant meetings.
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience as an expatriate working in field projects, at least 1 year of which was in a field management position within an international humanitarian and/or emergency organization.
- Minimum of 2 assignments in 2 different contexts in developing countries – e.g. (1) insecure context and (2) emergency response situation.
- Positive understanding of YYD principles & programs and able to represent the organisation with (inter)national counterparts
- Capability for initiative in identifying humanitarian issues of interest to YYD (exploratory activities, development of new projects, project closures)
- Analytical, strategic thinking skills; capacity to develop an operational vision over the short and medium term
- Previous experience in project (cycle) management in an NGO or development context
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate
- Proven negotiation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated HR management experience in supervising, managing/coaching and training a team with more than 10 staff members
- Positive public communication skills (presentation, meetings, etc)
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Ability to work in English and Turkish.
- Availability to work in field for a minimum of 1 year with flexible start date.
- Fluent in a third language such as Arabic and French.
- Public Health background/knowledge
- Previous experience in an International Medical organization
- Strong Human Resource management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of current humanitarian issues
- Willingness to work in unstable environments
5.Conditions of Employment
- Starting: ASAP
- Contract: Employee – Fixed Term
- Location: İstanbul
6.Process of Application
- Only short list candidates will be called for an interview.