Position Title : Program Manager
Duty Station: Turkey – Gaziantep
Duration: 6 Months (with possibility of extension)
Position Category: Full-time
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World)
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World) a non-governmental, non-profit organization, which has a multinational and multicultural structure, is dedicated to providing child protection services and advocating for child rights.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is looking forward to a one world where all children attain their rights and dignity based on their best of interest.
From 2014 to 2018, Bir Dünya Çocuk could reach more than half million boy, girl, man and woman with a specialized Child Protection and Education services, while we are still proving a prominent intervention to contribute prevention, mitigate suffering, empower children participation and advocate for best interests of child. In addition, Bir Dünya Çocuk Turkey is also focusing on social cohesion and social interaction between refugee and host community NGOs.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is a member of The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian
Action, Child Rights Connect, End Violence Against Children and in a special consultative status with UN Economic and Social Council.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is proud that 60% of its employees are female.
Main Job Purpose
Oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of related to ongoing programs activities, including planning, organizing, staff leading and controlling programs activities for the successful delivery of the whole proposed change, co-ordination of the programs, projects and management of their inter-dependencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish and maintain systems for programs operations in accordance with BDC policies and procedures to lead the implementation of the programs strategy in line with BDC’s vision, mission and core values.
- Represent and safeguard the image, reputation and interests of BDC at office, field and community perspective.
- Attend Cluster meetings and other important forums via engagement with UN Agencies, NGOs, and CBOs on developing and ensuring adherence to minimum humanitarian standards in the implementation of projects;
- Develop and ensure that program/project goals and plans are implemented on time and on budget and according to donor/partner/institutional requirements.
- Contribute and lead programs development efforts by identifying opportunities and working with Project Supervisors to draft proposals to respond to those opportunities, as well as the delivery of programs, ensuring programs effectiveness through HQ office, Sub-offices.
- Liaise with Logistics, MEAL, Finance , HR…..etc and all stakeholders from BDC regarding project activities implementation.
- Assist in the writing proposals , providing technical input, writing and budgetary input In coordination with HR and Finance Depts for new program design.
- Assist in building new partnerships and relations with key NGOs and donors regarding related programs.
- Plan, Design and implement staff capacity development and relevant trainings to provide guidance to programs staff on all issues related to programs implementation.
- Implement Day-to-day and on the ground management of the project Supervisors and Protection teams.
- Report the progress of the program(s) at regular intervals through Concept Notes, Proposals, Project interim and completion reports, and project related presentations to the Country Director and Partners to monitor programs implementation process .
- Follow up and support the project supervisors to generate high quality donor reports and ensure their submission in a timely manner.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of technical and programs reports as per the grants agreement.
- Develop an annual program budget and operating plan to support the programs, coordination closely with all other key departments including Finance, HR, logistic for development and execution of Core Competencies strategies.
- Ensure there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programs individual projects to maintain the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Prepare the Employment Plan, Yearly – quarterly to programs department according to grants.
- Facilitate the appointment of individuals to project teams by taking part in interview in case of need and recruitment of staffs’ especially when they are under programs department.
- Accomplish human resource objectives by developing job descriptions, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; In accordance to the human resources policies and in cooperation with HR Management
- Financial oversight of the projects under his/her supervision
- Responsible for ensuring financial management controls are effectively practiced through all program levels to ensure value for money of budgets.
- Manage grants by identifying funding opportunities, developing competitive, responsive proposals that meet internal standards, and dealing with donors’ complaints to build, monitor and manage the quality of the contracting grant portfolio.
- Maintain effective communication and relation with donors and other stakeholders in consultation with the country director to explore current and potential funding opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Country Director and Finance Manager maintain of all programs financial activities and monitor the budget for each program to ensure effective management of agency and donor property.
- Mitigate and reduce financial risks to the operational delivery of HQ objectives.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- In coordination and collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Department, develop a programs evaluation system to assess the strengths of each program and to identify and implement action plans regarding areas for improvement to ensure MEAL processes and framework are in place.
- Identify and evaluate the risks and possible threats associated with programs activities and take appropriate action to control the risks with the consultation of the Human Resources Management.
- In cooperation with Projects Supervisors , oversee the implementation of a monitoring and evaluation plan for all the projects, in line with the donor guidelines, and ensure that activity, impact and output data is captured in an accurate and efficient manner, and that programs are continually tailored to optimize quality and impact levels.
- Follow up Monitoring and Evaluation reports, recommend and implement changes to enhance the programs, as appropriate
- Ensure full accountability to both donors and beneficiaries and be responsible for continuously improving transparency and value for money and programmatic impact.an experience and technical competencies
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- A university degree in Business Management is required. Master degree or equivalent are preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of NGOs or INGOs experience with at least 3 years of successful project management experience in the humanitarian field.
- Management experience in one or more of the following programs: child protection, partnerships, institutional capacity building or organizational development
- Strong people skills, flexible and responsive to the needs of the team as well as the wider organization
- Ability to analysis information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Highly reliable, able to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to analysis information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Proven ability to represent the organization to donors and other stakeholders
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
· Experience in using MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic language skills essential. All other languages are plus especially Turkish.
- Experience in formulating strategies and concepts associated with projects management.
- Proven experience in delivering results and meeting stakeholders’ expectation and being able to adapt and respond to change.
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the position by email, no later than 11 November 2020. Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview. Please mention the Vacancy Number (TR-20-20) for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. Please follow the instruction carefully. Bir Dünya Çocuk might not consider incomplete information.
Bir Dünya Çocuk Derneği
One world where all children attain their rights and dignity based on their best of interest.
1 - To contribute to prevention of children from all kinds of abuse, violence, neglect, discrimination, and exploitation.
2 - To mitigate suffering, ensuring quality and effective response.
3 - To empower children’s participation and encourage sustainable development for and with children.
4 – To advocate for a creative and supportive environment with optimum resources that guarantee the best interest of children.