International Sustainability and Development Yönetim Danışmanlık Hizmetleri ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi (hereinafter “ISD”) is seeking Program Officers/Managers to join our team. ISD is an international development company that promotes meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
2. POSITION DESCRIPTION
ISD seeks to engage several program officers to help develop and manage partnership with new sub-awardees implementing activities working with field-based team and Educational Directorates (ED) in Syria. Program officers / managers will be based in Gaziantep, Turkey. The program officer (PO) will be an empowered accounts manager who plays a central role in developing and managing subawards with assigned NGO implementing partners, in full compliance with donor and ISD regulations and policies. The PO/PM is responsible for developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with the local NGOs (downstream partners) to foster program objectives, as well as with field-based team and EDs in Syria as conditions permit. The PO/PM is the primary party responsible for development and management of subaward activities, working in close cooperation with other team members to ensure the successful implementation of the assigned partner’s activities.
The PO will report to Programme Team Lead. The PO/PM will be assigned the responsibility to manage the relationship with several assigned NGO partners and provide them necessary technical support to successfully implement their activities. The PO/PM will work primarily in Gaziantep, Turkey.
The program officer will adhere to and act in accordance with ISD’s professional code of ethics, ‘Living Our Values’, and will make the principles of the code a part of ISD’s culture and operating procedures. He/she will also foster and maintain good and professional relations with prospective and actual subawardees and vendors, will disclose any affiliations that could be perceived as a conflict of interest, and will maintain children safeguarding, gender equality, and confidentiality regarding program activities.
3. DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES
The program officer / program manager performs the following tasks in Gaziantep, Turkey:
● Draft grants package including grant agreement, detailed budgets, risk assessments, modification budgets, negotiation memoranda, sub-award implementation plan and payment schedules.
● Organize and facilitate kick-off meetings with subawardees to review subaward agreements, and regulations and requirements related to reporting, procurement if any, monitoring, and payment requests.
● Complete review of subawardee due diligence and code of conduct submissions, identifying deficiencies and designing and implementing a capacity building plan to fill these gaps.
● Identify any remaining technical capacity gaps after inception training and develop a capacity building plan to address these gaps, reporting on progress as requested by supervisor.
● Oversee the implementation of technical training and/or coaching for subawardee to ensure that they fully understand and are able to implement ISD’s technical activities at an acceptable quality.
● Closely monitor implementation against workplan, proactively identifying issues and working to resolve them, seeking assistance from other ISD colleagues and supervisor as needed.
● Provide technical and management assistance to the subawardee during the implementation phase to identify issues and assist the subawardee to respond to them in a timely manner.
● Review and approve or provide feedback on the sub awardees’ monthly deliverables.
● Review subawardee’s monthly financial reports according to the donor’s and ISD’s rules and regulations and work with sub-award team to prepare payment requests accordingly.
● Regularly report on implementation progress successes and lessons learned. Contribute to quarterly and annual reporting and review processes, including by preparing regular updates on subawardee capacity and performance, implementation updates and success stories.
● Coordinate with the grants and procurement teams to ensure effective subaward implementation, compliance, and adherence to procurement requirements.
● Maintain complete and accurate subaward files, both hard and soft copy, using the ISD subawards file checklist.
● Verbally provide reports to donors during check-in meetings and participate in coordination meetings with implementing partners.
● Respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) from the donor and implementing partners.
● Coordinate with field staff providing clear guidance on priority tasks in the field working closely with MEL team.
● Complete incident reports as needed.
● Respond in a timely manner to cases/issues raised through ISD’s complaints and CSG reporting mechanisms, as directed by the staff member responsible for the management of the system.
● Program officers will provide technical implementation and capacity building to other program officers in their area of expertise.
● Being flexible to irregular work hours and undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or Team Lead to ensure the overall effective implementation of ISD program activities.
4. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The assignment is long-term through the life of the programme.
5. LOCATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment will be conducted in Gaziantep.
● University degree in social sciences, education, psychology, business administration or related areas.
● At least three years relevant experience work with project design, development and management of relevant donor-funded community development projects in the region. Strongly preferred, expertise in primary education, child protection and safeguarding, emergency preparedness, and/or other technical areas relevant to ISD’s work.
● Strong organizational, management, financial, and administrative skills, and proven track record of timely completion of assigned tasks.
● Ability to think creatively and being flexible in addressing implementation concerns.
● Enthusiasm to learn more about ISD’s area of work and contribute own knowledge to the team.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams with a demonstrated capacity to both lead and follow.
● An up-to-date understanding and knowledge of the political environment and social conditions in Syria and demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local and regional political context.
● Experience in working with local organizations on project design and assessing technical and programmatic capacities.
● Field experience with NGOs, preferably including experience in Syria, experience monitoring and evaluating field projects, and ability/willingness to travel in Turkey.
● Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English and Arabic required.
● Turkish nationality is required
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid Turkish ID will be considered.
7. SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The Program Officer/Manager will report directly to the Programme Lead
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter provided in the apply button referring to the position they are applying for by December 18th, 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.