Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Deputy General Director (Program). S/he manages directly the Program Team in Syria thorough 2 Field Coordinators based in Antakya
In close collaboration with Syria Field Coordinators, the Programme Coordinator leads program quality efforts for DDD operations in Syria, ensuring effective Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL), grants management, program development efforts, partnership management and meaningful integration of cross-cutting priorities.
The Programme Coordinator is part of the Coordination Team.
- Supervising the implementation of DDD programs in North West Syria (Idlib, Afrin and Celeme)
- Ensuring the coordination and standardization of the program between the different hubs
- Providing leadership and support to staff under line-management
- Contributing with program inputs in the production of proposals
- Ensure overall coordination of programmes and support overall coherence and relevance of DDD response in Syria
- Support development and integration of MEAL, Grants, MHPSS and Protection approaches for Syria operations
- Oversee grants management for Syria operations
- Follow up on appropriation of programmatic approaches by Field Coordinators and Field teams
- Facilitate the coordination within the organisation at programmes and support levels
- Supervise program development and implementation focusing meaningful integration of cross-cutting elements such as community outreach and protection mainstreaming in line with Syria Program Strategy
- Guide qualitative partnership management approach and oversee improvement of quality of activities implemented through implementing partners
- Support coordination efforts, harmonization efforts and exchanges of best practices between field teams
- Work closely with Field Coordinators to ensure DDD Program inside Syria meets quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices
- Provide guidance and work closely with coordination and field staff to ensure quality programming, delivery, and learning initiatives
- Work with Medical, MHPSS and Protection staff to ensure that technical aspects are integrated in a coherent manner into strategic and operational planning and implementation
- Under the management of the Deputy General Director – Programme, contribute to operational and strategic planning processes, and ensure that new strategic orientations are taken into consideration and are implemented by the team under supervision
- Facilitate flow of information between technical staff (coordination, Antakya and field level) and field coordinators to ensure quality implementation of activities and integration across departments
- Support Field Coordinators, HR Department to set-up trainings ensuring quality and cost effectiveness
- General management for Representation, Programme Coordination, Team Management and Capacity Building, Reporting and Other Related Tasks.
- Represents the organisation towards donors, partners, authorities and other stakeholders and ensure coordination of field visits (partners, donor, etc.)
- Ensure regular interaction, information sharing, and collaboration with other humanitarian actors (UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs), and in particular with the organizations with similar programs
- Actively engage in representation activities to increase DDD visibility
- Participate in cluster meetings at national and local level
- Liaise with operational and institutional partners at National Level (INGOs, NGOs, Authorities), upon line manager’s request
- Represent DDD towards INGOs/NGOs for potential new partnerships
- Represent DDD towards donors and other stakeholders
- Participate in advocacy and communication operations
- Participate to cluster meetings at national and local level as required;
PROGRAM COORDINATION (35%)
- Design/redefine DDD’s operational strategy in Syria and ensure that new strategic orientations are taken into consideration and are implemented at field level
- Ensure the development of the general strategy within the Syria Coordination team and ensure that teams are clearly directed and supported on the overall operational plan
- Organize coordination meetings to ensure an effective communication and cooperation between all departments
- Act as a link between the organization and its partners ensure that partnership tools and mechanisms are in place
- Ensure DDD intervention is always respectful to DDD mandate, values and internal rules; to local cultural and legal rules and that all team members are committed to the respect of the different DDD’s policies (Code of Conduct, Anti-Abuse Policy, etc.)
- Coordination of different DDD Programs staffs through regular coordination and bilateral meetings
- Contribute to DDD partnership strategy & develop, in collaboration with Field Coordinators & Technical unit, partnership capacity building plans & operational guidelines for project implementation
- Ensure regular feedback at field level on key facts and related decision following analysis of program performance
- Work with the security liaison officer to monitor the evolving humanitarian situation both in-country and at international level and consider strategic and immediate responses in coordination with the Field Coordinators, the Deputy General Director.
- Lead the response to emergencies together with the FieldCo involved.
- Ensure the intervention abide by DDD mandate, values and internal rules; to local cultural and legal rules
- Regular visits to Field Offices
- Ensure the provision of regular feedback at field level on key facts and related decision following analysis of programme performance
TEAM MANAGEMENT AND CAPACITY BUILDING (20%)
- Ensure application and respect of the Internal Regulation by the related staff
- Support and advise DDD Syria team in the implementation of the programs
- Responsible for the well-being of all team members; conduct regular team building activities; monitor and support stress management, including regular documented team meetings for planning and reporting purposes
- Participate in the recruitment of key international and national staff positions
- Support staff in their management duty: coordination meetings, individual interviews, etc.
- Ensure briefing and follow up of teams, including security and program briefings for new arrivals.
- Participate in the regular evaluations and training planning of the staff. Ensure strict application and respect of the Internal Regulation by staff under line management
- Support and advise team in the implementation of the projects
- Participate in the recruitment of key international and national staff positions
- Concerned and aware of personal and professional evolution of each staff member, and its development within the mission
- Ensure conflict resolution (personal and professional) within team members
- Ensure team briefing and follow up, including security and program briefings for new arrivals
- Supervise HR management aspects for the staff under direct line management: respect of the Internal Regulation, recruitment of key staff positions, adaptation to the organizational chart and contribution to its implementation (job descriptions, etc.), training planning, appraisals, etc.
- Ensure ongoing transfer of skills and knowledge to staff under line management by identifying and addressing capacity development needs and gaps
- Provide regular reporting on activities to the line manager upon his/her solicitation (coordination meeting, workshop meeting, etc.)
- Work with the reporting officer to ensure monthly situation reports (SITREP) are comprehensive and sent in a timely manner
- Support the production of proposals (mainly by defining its content at operations and technical level) and reporting towards donor and authorities, led by Senior M&E Coordinator; Provide regular reporting of activities to the line manager upon his/her solicitation (coordination meeting, workshop meeting, etc.)
- Support production of proposals (mainly by defining its content at operations and technical level) and reporting towards donor and authorities, led by M&E Coordinator
- Provide weekly security updates to the line manager when required
GRANTS MANAGEMENT (10%)
- Supervise Grants Manager to ensure delivery of proposal and reports as per DDD operational strategy and donors’ requirements
- Facilitating coherent participation and contribution of field and technical departments in donor proposals and reports
- Ensure that programmatic priorities are well integrated and reflected within grants
PARTNERSHIP MANAGEMENT (10%)
- Oversee DDD’s efforts to improve transparency and accountability practices toward partner organizations, proposing different methods for gathering, analysing and responding to partner organizations’ feedback and suggestions to improve working in partnership
- Ensure integration of partnership strategy into strategic and operational planning efforts, and development of DDD partnership approach for Syria
- Identify existing partnership management mechanisms and tools, develop complementary tools and ensure dissemination and appropriation by the teams
- Work in coordination with MEAL Coordinator and Grants Department to develop a monitoring system applicable for activities implemented by partners in line with internal and donor requirements.
- When requested, work together with Field Coordinators on partnership management efforts, including:
- Support Field Coordinators in drafting partnership agreements and modifications, acting as focal point within DDD for review and approval, and facilitate signature.
- Support Field Coordinators and Finance Department to ensure that partner budgets are reviewed and reinforced through training and support
- Represent DDD with partners organizations, to ensure accordance with partnership agreement and agreed upon policies and procedures, including donor compliance (excluding logistics and financial compliance)
- Works closely with the Finance Department to ensure adequate follow up of financial commitments and compliance of partners.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience as Program/Field Coordinator in humanitarian/emergency contexts
- Academic Background in Public Health will be a plus
- Proven Project Management and Monitoring skills
- Proven managerial experience
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience in the Middle East would be a strong asset
- Experience on medical programs
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
- Required: English (oral and written)
- Preferred: Arabic, Turkish
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 07.08.2020.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- Internist Idlib
- Paediatrician Idlib
- PHARMACY MANAGER
- PHC Doctor Idlib
- Case Manager Idlib
- Crowd Control Officer Idlib
- Primary Health Care Doctor and Team Leader Idlib
- Management Information Systems Manager
- MEDICAL COORDINATOR
- Logistics Coordinator
- Pharmacist Supervisor Idlib
- MEAL Assistant - Idlib
- Nurse Afrin