Programme Coordinator (Ref: PC)
|Müslüman Eller Derneği||İstanbul|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Muslim Hands TURKEY
Programme Coordinator - Job Description
Müslüman Eller Derneği (Muslim Hands Turkey) is a relief and development non-government organization established in 2019. In partnership with Muslim Hands International, a group with 27 members around the globe and the experience of more than 26 years, Müslüman Eller Derneği strives to work for the betterment of humanity regardless of race, ethnicty, or gender. Müslüman Eller Derneği aims to mobilize resources and provide a platform to International NGOs and donors, by engaging trustworthy Turkish organizations at both local and governmental level, focusing on the intervention areas of Education, WASH, Health, Emergency, Food Security and Livelihood. Our objective is an impartial, efficient, and wholly transparent process that ensures that donations and aid reach the marginalized groups and people that really need them.
This is an exciting time to join our mission, being a part of an international NGO with over 26 years’ experience across 52 countries. Muslim Hands Turkey is undergoing new and positive changes as we are building the capacity of the office, looking to implement new and innovative projects alongside opening new fundraising channels. This role is seen as pivotal to the long-term vision for Muslim Hands Turkey.
Job Title: Program Coordinator (PC)
Location: Istanbul – Turkey
Contract Type: 1 Year (Full-Time)
The candidate for this position will be responsible to coordinate and guide in the assessment, initiation, supervision, and evaluation of MH Turkey Humanitarian projects.
- Responsible for the delivery of our Turkey programs, ensuring program effectiveness through coordination with Head office, and partner institutions.
- Lead the implementation of the programs’ strategy in line with Muslim Hands’ vision, mission, and core values.
- Delivery of the programs operational plan and ensuring alignment with Muslim Hands’ strategic plan.
- In coordination with partners, proposal writing and completion of any pre-implementation documents.
- Engage with partners to discuss media/visibility requirements and their implementation, generate high quality project reports, and ensure their submission in a timely manner and translate documents where required.
- Management of P3 system (internal portal) for uploading proposals, keeping track of projects, and submission of reports.
- Engage with partners for Due Diligence process/documentation and signing of MoUs.
- Report on Emergency situations in Turkey and Syria to the Country management without any delays.
- Provide cohesive humanitarian planning for the MH Turkey office, ensuring that priorities and opportunities identified are in line with MH's strategic plan and goals.
- Engage with our partners and government line ministries on developing and ensuring adherence to minimum humanitarian standards in the implementation of projects.
- Monitor compliance with donor regulations in the course of project implementation.
- Ensure that all projects are implemented in adherence Muslim Hands’ Project Cycle Management (PCM) framework.
- Provide project media for every project to internal media department for advertising
- Financial oversight of the projects under his/her supervision. Responsible for ensuring financial management controls are effectively practiced through all program levels.
- In coordination with partners and Finance, monitor budgeted vs actual expenditure (BvA).
- Closely monitor project implementation and budget utilization with partners.
- Ensure project payments are cleared for any project after the implementation of project and submission of feedback.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure robust monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEAL) processes and framework are in place.
- In cooperation with partners, oversee the implementation of a monitoring and evaluation plan for all the projects, in line with the donor guidelines.
- Ensure full accountability to donors and beneficiaries by engaging with implementing partners and be responsible for continuously improving transparency and value for money and programmatic impact.
- Quarterly field visits for monitoring and evaluation.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- A Turkish national with a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in development, economics, administration or related field with 3-5 years’ experience required.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in programs and implementation of projects.
- At least 2 years of experience working in emergency, post-conflict, or post-disaster settings on humanitarian programming.
- Experience working with sub-grantees and/or local and international partner organizations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Fluent in written and verbal English and Turkish is required (preferably also knows Arabic). Must be able to read and interpret documents and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and typing.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Turkey, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Proven success in working with complex teams in difficult environments