|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
IFRC is currently seeking a Programme Officer to join the Team in Ankara (Turkey).
The Secretariat of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is organized into four Business groups in Geneva and five Business Groups in the field, namely the Regional Offices for Africa, Americas, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, and Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The Europe Region is organized through Clusters covering the National Societies in Eastern Western and Central Europe, Central Asia, Caucasus, Russian Federation and Belarus, Red Cross EU Office as well as country offices in Greece, Turkey and Ukraine under the reorganized IFRC Secretariat, located in the regional office in Europe.
The conflict in Syria has now entered its ninth year and has created an overwhelming and enduring humanitarian crisis. Currently about 4 million registered refugees are living in Turkey out of which 3.6 million are Syrians. The Turkish Red Crescent Society (TRCS) has been supporting the displaced people since the onset of the humanitarian crisis. IFRC initially launched an Emergency Appeal on 9 November 2012, which later on transformed into an International Appeal to support the TRCS to deliver assistance and support to most vulnerable displaced people living in Turkey.
The COVID-19 pandemic is both a public health crisis, and a humanitarian crisis that is impacting the lives, health and livelihoods of people around the world. Since 11 March 2020 when the first case was reported in Turkey, the Government of Turkey)has introduced a series of containment measures including closing schools and places of worship; cancelling all social activities; recommending all residents to stay home and banning all public gatherings; applying flexible working modalities such as working from home.
The Programme Officer reports and follows the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator and provides related support to the programme team in Turkey. This position performs key tasks, focusing on the implementation of health and risk communication activities related to COVID-19 response, and protection activities, with an emphasis on optimal and proactive performance, and timely action.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Through IFRC, the incumbent shall:
Programme Implementation and Coordination
- Support TRCS in the implementation of the health and risk communication for the COVID-19 response and Protection activities of the Community Based Migration Programme
- Maintain coordination with programme teams (such as Health, Protection, CEA, PMER, and IM) in IFRC in relation to project interventions
- Maintain coordination with the TRCS health and CEA team in preparation of monthly M&E indicator tracking table (ITT) for the COVID-19 project
- Monitor the implementation of the COVID-19 project activities through coordination with TRCS sector teams and relevant departments
- Contribute and coordinate with TRCS in preparation of narrative reports as per the requirement and reporting templates
- Conduct field visits for the monitoring of activities implemented for the COVID-19 response through the community centres
Reporting and Communications
- Identify success stories and work with IFRC communications team to support in developing case studies
- Liaise with IFRC regional health team to participate in meetings, initiatives and/or share updates from Turkey
- Liaise and ensure effective working relationships with national authorities, local and international non-governmental organizations, and UN agencies working in the same area, and collaborating with them when appropriate.
- Support IFRC health and CEA teams in the translation of necessary documents in Turkish and English in relation to the COVID-19 project
- Translation/interpretation from Turkish to English when required
- Fulfil any other related tasks as assigned by the manager.
Degree in project management or relevant university degree or equivalent of relevant experience.
- At least 3 years' working experience in a development or voluntary organization
- Demonstrated success in planning, project management and reporting
- Experience in risk communication, protection and capacity building activities
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and in a team
- Computer literate
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt working style according to the situation
- Fluently spoken and written English and Turkish
- Good command of another IFRC official language : Arabic
Competencies and values
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Core competencies: Results Orientation, Collaboration and teamwork; Integrity; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Developing organization capabilities; Collaboration and influencing
- Commitment to the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement Seven Fundamental Principles and Code of Conduct
How You Apply:
Deadline: May 26th, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The IFRC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to workforce diversity.