Job Title: Programs / Emergency Response Coordinator
Close Date: 02/03/2020
Job Code: VI-HR-REC 1043
Job Type: Full Time
TO Manage Emergency Program Portfolio
Respect and apply Violet policies
- Commitment to the path and values of the organization (Faith in youth and volunteers, Integrity and honesty, sacrifice and altruism, teamwork and team spirit, innovation and creativity, integrity in dealing and beneficiary dignity, responsiveness and initiative).
- Respect and apply all the PSEA and child protection principles, and show high commitment to report any PSEA & CP action.
- Actively participating in strategic planning related to his/her programming.
- Research new and innovative project ideas in the sector that fit in the organizational strategy
- Ensure mainstreaming (Environment /Child protection/Gender/disabilities) is part and parcel of the sector programming
- Maintaining good relation with program stakeholder including donors and partners
- Ensuring Violet policies (procurement, recruitment…etc) are applied and respected.
- Developing the projects design in line with the organization’s mission and vision.
Produce high quality Proposal and lead the development of projects documentation including budget, work plan, log frame…etc
- Follow up on the sector’s projects implementation.
- Ensure reporting timely and accurately and review projects reports before being submitted to the donor.
- Monitoring projects budget and ensuring the well expenses are in line with the budget.
- Ensure mainstreaming is included in the projects.
- Developing job descriptions for the Project managers in Turkey.
- Reviewing the technical booklets of condition for the sector’s procurement and follow up the procurement with logistics.
- Follow up the recruitment with the HR departments and participate in the interviews of the new applicants in Turkey.
- Support Violet in identifying potential donors and funding opportunities for sector projects.
- Follow up on any requirements related to the his/her sector the donor may requests
- Ensure the compliance to the donor requirements.
Coordination and Communication
- Hold regular program meetings
- Ensuring the sector teams are well staffed (support Recruitment, appraisals carried out)
- Ensure good coordination between program and supporting teams such as MEAL, Media, finance, procurement…etc)
- Ensure Violet participation in the coordination meetings (WGs/sector cluster meeting, regular meeting with donors)
- Ensure good Coordination with other partners who are working in the same program areas to avoid potential overlapping.
Note: the above mentioned key responsibilities / accountabilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountabilities may
Qualification (Education/Work Experience) :
- Bachelor degree in social science or a relevant field.
- Two years of experience in Emergency Response field.
- Fluent level of both English and Arabic.
- Master degree in social science, or related fields.
- More than two years of experience in Emergency Response field.
- The Turkish language is a plus
- Ability to travel inside and outside the turkey
Core & Managerial Competencies & Technical:
- Core Competencies
- Planning and Organizing
- Commitment to Continues Leading
- Stakeholders Orientation
- Technological Awareness
- Supervisor/Managerial Competencies
- Empowering Others
- Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Technical Competencies
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Experience in working with NGO’s, INGO’s
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of the role and purpose of projects management and accountability for international humanitarian organizations
- Very strong knowledge of Emergency program management, modalities, needs assessment, tracking, and measurements methods along with the overall objectives of the different sectors.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Demonstrated capability to produce high-quality reports and proposals.
Child safeguarding, Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment
Violet organization employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Violet.
Everyone who works with Violet Org. committed to ensuring a child-safe environment. Violet Org. is committed to devising and implementing policies so that everyone is in the organization offices and projects accepts their responsibilities to safeguard children from harm and abuse. This means to follow procedures to protect children and report any concerns about their welfare to appropriate authorities.
Violet Organization (Menekşe Organizasyon)
The first office was established in the city of Idlib, and then was moved to the neighboring countryside. The work expanded to include the entire province of Idlib and other provinces. Violet Organization has worked so far in six provinces (Idlib, Aleppo, Hama, Damascus, Latakia, and Homs) in the areas controlled by opposing forces. Violet also established three camps for Syrian refugees near the Turkish border in Idlib province, Harem district in Salqin sub-district. According to the United Nations’ classification, these camps are considered organized and meet the minimum standards for camps.
Violet responds to emergencies in Syria in most humanitarian sectors: Food Security and Livelihood, Non-food Items and Shelter, Education, Health, and Camp Coordination and Management.
Violet integrates the protection sector in all the aforementioned sectors. With the length of the conflict and the survival of people for long periods at stake, Violet’s response has had to not only be focused on emergency response, but on the immediate implementation of long-impact health and education sector projects in all of Idlib.
Violet worked to establish and develop its organizational structure to start officially as an organization registered in Turkey in 2014. Accordingly, Violet divided the work into key sectors that mimic the divisions of international humanitarian organizations and implemented the appropriate structure for all departments and staff