Administration & Logistic Assistant (Ref: 202209271110)
|Dünya Doktorları Derneği||İstanbul|
|Logistic Assistant||Uluslararası Organizasyonlar|
|İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ),Türkçe (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)|
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in İstanbul, the Administration and Logistic Assistant is under the line management of the Logistic Administration Manager.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract with optional extension
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
- Ensure compliance with legal context and the implementation of DDD HR policy for national staff at respective area
- Follow up on the recruitment of project staff, checking recruitment request forms before sending approval
- Follow up annual &bonus leave entitlements, pre-approving the leave requests, ensure leave forms are signed and approved on time and achieved
- Follow up distribution of payslips monthly and ensure signed copies are sent to HQ on time
- Ensure the appraisal/performance of project staff, follow up trial period and extension evaluations and implementation of training plans
- Ensure that each staff contract respects DDD internal procedures, are up to date, aligned with contract renewal procedures and all staff files are archived properly
Project Supply Management
- Ensure the supply for the project: reception of orders, selection of the procedures needed, purchasing, packaging, organising transport and delivery
- Establish and update purchasing timelines, taking into consideration procurement tables, operation timelines and contextual and procedural logistical constraints
- Receive, approve and process requests for quotes and internal order forms
- Determine the adequate purchasing procedure regarding amount, donor guidelines, specific technical constraints, and specific DDD policies
- Analysing of the offers (ad equation to the request, price, liability, availability, payment condition, delivery condition, etc.);
- Preparing of purchasing documents and draft the contracts in coordination with the Logistic Coordinator and Finance Coordinator of DDD
- Select suppliers and negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery methods, in coordination with DDD Logistic Department;
- Purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed
- Ensure that purchasing documents are complete and archived in keeping with DDD procedures;
- Ensure that dealings with suppliers are monitored
- Carry out a purchasing environment analysis at the local level
- Update of price lists and supplier files
- Ensure inventory list is updated in real time
- Optimize distribution of materials according to task needs
- Organize the installation, safe-guarding and monitoring of materials
- Install communication means and ensure that they are regularly maintained
- Implement backup and data-protection procedures
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Ensure procedures are followed as stock is checked in and out
- See that all documentation linked to stock is complete and correct
- Supervise monthly physical stock inventory
Base Maintenance (facility)
- Ensure the rental contract is compliant with DDD process and manage interaction with the owner;
- Ensure the maintenance of the base (electricity, repairs). Depending on the problem, organise repair/s with or without the owner;
- Consolidate and submit monthly Administration and Logistic reports (including annexes) to Log Admin Man.; and other Coordinators, if required;
- Provide the Coordinators with information required to draft intermediary and final reports to donors.
Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- University Degree in Business Administration, economy or related field
- Knowledge on humanitarian context
- Good documentation, achievement and reporting skills
- Min. one year experience in similar positions preferably in NGOs/iNGOs
- Background in accounting program is preferred
Required: Turkish and English (oral and written)
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package (especially Excel)
- General Qualities required
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
The deadline for submitting the applications is 04/12/2022.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- PHC Doctor Idlib, Al Dana
- Paediatrician Idlib
- Referral Assistant Idlib
- CFS Supervisor Idlib
- PSS Worker – Child Friendly Space Idlib
- Case Worker – Child Friendly Space Idlib
- Outreach Worker Idlib
- Data Entry Operator Idlib
- Cleaner Idlib
- Gynaecologist Idlib, Al Doaa
- SRH Counsellor İzmir
- MEAL Manager Syria
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Programme Coordinator Turkey
- SRH Counsellor
- Referral Assistant İzmir
- Data & Reporting Officer
- MHPSS/Protection Manager
- Clinical Psychologist
- MEAL Manager Turkey
- UKRANIAN TRANSLATOR