An international consortium is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Assistant / Administrator for an EU funded Technical Assistance project in Ankara for duration of 36 months.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in related departments
- Full computer literacy; advanced use of MS Office tools (Word / Excel / Power Point/ Project)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Well-organized, result oriented, strong attention to details and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong ability to work both independently and in an international team environment
- Able to work in a complex and fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to attend site visits, other field activities, training events and conferences etc both abroad and in Türkiye. No restriction to travel
- Owning a car and willing to use for work purposes is an asset
- Proven experience in project-based work experience and in project management is an asset
- Experience as a Project Assistant / Manager / Administrator at least in one EU funded Technical Assistance Project preferably fee based contract
The Consortium offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment. The company ensures that its employees rank between the very best within their field of expertise. Talented people, who chose to work for the Consortium, want to make a difference and aim for change and progress in the societies that we live and work for Teamwork, dialogue and initiative are key values within the organization.
- Assisting the project Team leader (TL) and Technical Assistance Team (TAT) in the day-to-day project management, organization and finance.
- Providing support for drafting, editing, compiling and printing technical documents and relevant project outputs reports from the professional experts’ contribution both in English and Turkish
- Managing daily interaction / communication with the municipalities, ministries and other stakeholders in mobility and transport planning and engineering field
- Managing daily interaction / communication between the client and Technical Assistance Team (TAT)
- Managing daily interaction / communication with the suppliers and obtaining invoices from the third parties
- Maintaining the project management, document and finance filing systems and informing and sharing these with the relevant project participants
- Scheduling and arranging meetings and taking meeting notes in Turkish and English
- Providing organisational support for the training programs, study visits, workshops and seminars etc.
- Preparing non-key expert approval requests for non-key experts
- Preparing incidental expenditure request forms
- Collecting timesheets from the TAT on a monthly basis and keeping track of usage of man-days
- Responsible from handling cash payments to the third parties and reporting the cash book and balance on a weekly basis
- Office Administration of the project office including answering phones, filing all incoming and outgoing documents, housekeeping of ICT and stationary
- Proof reading and editing documents, regulations, training, information and written materials from English to Turkish or vice versa when needed
- Assisting the TAT in preparing presentations and training materials in English and Turkish.
- Other tasks as assigned
BNN Consulting and Engineering
BNN is involved in preparation of tender documents, project management, construction supervision, quality control, expert appraisal, bid evaluation and post auditing. These facilities assure the firm’s ability to handle major multi-disciplinary projects. The firm has extensive experience in project planning, feasibility and environmental impact assessment studies, technical design and environmental control studies.