Post Title: Project Assistant
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: 12 Months (with 2 months of probation and possibility of extension)
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 05.12.2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Brief About the Project:
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the resilience of the targeted households, (host community and SuTP) with prior experience in the open land agricultural sector and/or with experience in the field of food-processing and Mushroom production. The project will be creating income-generating opportunities through open land agriculture and Agro-Processing activities, building their capacity via technical courses as well as promoting social cohesion between Syrian refugees and host communities in Turkey. Additionally, the project will focus on women empowerment and cooperatives to generate income and create a linkage between the host community and refugee communities.
Description of Duties:
The role will be based in Gaziantep and will support the management and the delivery of project in all the targeted areas: Hatay, Gaziantep and Mardin. It includes data and documents management, contract management, translation assistance and reporting.
The position includes leadership, guidance, facilitating communication, team support, archiving and supervisory.
As part of the project team, the Project Assistant will be responsible for fulfilling following tasks and
- Assist the Head of Project in the overall implementation of the project and following up with some administrative duties.
- Assist the Head of Project in convening, making written records for meetings (M.M), and reporting periodically on the status of the project.
- Assisting and coordinating with the project’s team members to achieve the project duties.
- Collecting data, Data Archiving, creating, and maintaining process and procedural documents.
- Maintaining accurate records of all information related to projects for documentation, clarification, and presentation to management.
- Providing translation support to the project team verbally or for written materials between Arabic, English and Turkish.
- Working collaboratively with the project manager and team to maximize productivity.
- Collaborating with the whole project team, contributing to the entire project lifecycle
- Verifying the accuracy of data collected for tracking of indicators in the project.
- Performing any other tasks related to the project when assigned by the supervisor(s).
In addition to the above, the Project Assistant might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Supervisor.
- Education: : Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field..
- One or more years of working experience in a related position is preferable and preferably in a non-profit organization, or otherwise in a humanitarian setting
- Data and documentation Management
- Verbal & Written Communication.
- Supervisory experience.
- Highly motivated individuals to augment our aggressive growth plan.
- Resourcefulness, Strategic Planning, and time management.
- Excellent diplomatic skills and sensitivity to the range of different cultural styles
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, commitment, and motivation
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, Turkish and Arabic
- Prepare weekly work plans and organize schedules for the team in order to complete tasks in an appropriate manner.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Experience to lead in conducting interviews/assessments
- Good Computer Skills and knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Office
- Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail, co-operative, good humor, able to work independently and with remote supervision. Ability to adjust to the mentalities of the duty station. A high degree of self-discipline and diplomatic competence.
- Language Skills: English languages are essentially required and Turkish or Arabic is an asset.
The Project Assistant will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 05.12.2020 latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.