Department: Project Implementation Unit
Position: Project Assistant
Reports to: Project Director
Duration of Contract: 24 months
Expected Start Date: 01/06/2021
International Consulting Expertise (ICE) Turkey is seeking to hire a qualified Project Assistant who will be in charge of assisting the management of a Technical Assistance Contract. This task involves supporting Key Experts, Project Director and Project Manager in running the day-to-day operations of the Contract during the inception, implementation and closure phases. Project Assistant will be expected to provide assistance for all sorts of tasks under the supervision of his/her line manager.
Project Assistant must be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications, and must have excellent command of written and spoken English. A bachelor’s degree in social sciences and at least 2 years of relevant experience is required for consideration.
Project Assistant Responsibilities:
· Assisting the Key Experts, the Project Directors and the Project Manager in running the day-to-day operations of the Contract.
· Assisting the timely collection of the timesheets of experts, calculating the person-day usage.
· Assisting the selection of the NKEs and drafting the required documents such as CVs, contracts, etc.
· Assisting the organization of all kinds of project meetings, events etc.,
· Tracking and updating project activities according to the project calendar.
· Assisting the preparation of the necessary presentation materials for meetings.
· Ensuring project deadlines are met.
· Providing administrative support as needed.
· Undertaking project tasks as required.
· Ensuring projects frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for the project.
· Facilitating meetings where appropriate and preparing/distributing minutes to all project team members.
· Liaising and maintaining good and smooth communication as well as effective working relations with the project counterparts.
· Assisting delivery of required reports related to project implementation.
· Assisting the management of the Project Office (office equipment etc.).
· Assisting the preparation of the project archive.
· Any other related duty assigned by the line manager.
Project Assistant Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in social sciences.
· Master’s degree will be an asset.
· 2 years of project management and implementation experience.
· Good knowledge of EU administrative and financial rules and regulations will be an asset.
· Excellent command of written and spoken English.
· Ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with project team, beneficiary and the contracting authority.
· Ability to work effectively independently as part of a team.
· Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
· Competency in Microsoft applications.
· Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
· Ability to work on tight deadlines.
If you are interested in the position above, please submit your CV, in English by e-mail with the vacancy title “PA" in the subject line to by 20/05/2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org