ECORYS is looking for a highly motivated and organised individual to join its Ankara-based SUMAF Project as a Project Assistant. SUMAF is an EU-funded technical assistance project providing monitoring and reporting services to both the EU Delegation in Ankara and the EC in Brussels.
The Project Assistant will work with the SUMAF Team to ensure timely delivery of planned tasks. This is an interesting and ideal opportunity for a result-oriented individual who enjoys working in a multi-cultural office environment and dealing with various aspects of monitoring and reporting.
The Project Assistant (PA) will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support the project team with timely and high-quality preparation and submission of requests for EU’s approval;
- Handle the timesheet process;
- Update administrative monitoring tables;
- Keep the SUMAF Data Management System updated on a regular basis;
- Archive official project documents on the cloud storage and in hard copy;
- Help organise events (meetings, training programs, workshops and seminars);
- Support the Team Leader and the Project Manager in the finalization of high quality reports in English and Turkish (including charts; tables; graphics etc.).
Qualifications and Skills:
- A degree in social sciences, management or related discipline from a reputable university;
- At least 2 years’ experience in providing administrative support services at an EU or international development project;
- Fully fluent in written and spoken Turkish and English;
- Full computer literacy and an advanced level of competency in MS Office programs (MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook);
- Highly results-oriented, takes initiatives and capable of working to tight deadlines and with a high-level of attention to detail;
- Able to attend field activities within Turkey and also able to attend trainings and conferences if required by the project;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural office environment.
Please share your CVs in EU CV format which you can reach from the below link:
Our history dates back to 1929, when a group of businessmen from Rotterdam established the Foundation The Netherlands Economic Institute (NEI). Poverty relief and other social issues were regarded as important social and economic problems. The goal of the Foundation NEI was then to stimulate the collection and the analysis of economic data. Through the years, our organisation has brought forth many remarkable people who have contributed to the science of economics, including NEI director (1935-1968) Professor Jan Tinbergen, who was awarded the first Nobel Prize for economics for his work in 1969.
During the '90s, Ecorys' expertise proved important with regards to the growth of the EU and reformation processes in countries in Middle and Eastern Europe. To be able to cope with globalisation and in order to stay competitive, NEI developed into a pan-European company. Offices were established in Brussels and Moscow.
In 1999, NEI merged with Kolpron Consultants (established in 1979). In 2000 the diversification and internationalization was continued by merging with the British company ECOTEC Research and Consulting, specialising in social policy. The name Ecorys was chosen as new name for the Group. Today Ecorys is a company with strong European roots, active worldwide and aiming to be involved in challenging issues regarding the EU.
We value our independence, our integrity and our partnerships and care about the environment we work and live in. We have an active CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) programme, which centres around creating shared value that benefits society and business and which is a joint effort by company and staff.