Having started up its activities in 2000 as an international aid organization focused on health, Doctors Worldwide Turkey - Yeryüzü Doktorları Derneği (YYD) have carried out hundreds of projects so far with the support of more than 30 thousand volunteers in more than 50 countries such as Afghanistan, Syria, Somali, Palestine, Uganda and Yemen. YYD mainly aims to reach those regions which do not have access to local healthcare services and also those regions affected by natural disasters. It has set out initially by organizing short-term health camps for the purpose of conducting examinations and surgeries, providing medicine and equipment support and these camps have turned into long-term and sustainable projects over time. YYD continues conducting preventive health programs, psychosocial support, physical capacity building and health education projects in both emergency situations and in less developed countries.
Within Turkey and in partnership with Ministry of Health, YYD provides comprehensive mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), Protection, and social integration services for refugees and vulnerable host communities. YYD has been conducting several funded projects by World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (BPRM), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), and International Medical Corps (IMC). YYD is an implementing partner of the Regional Refugee Resilience plan, the platform for humanitarian and development partners to respond to the Syrian crisis.
YYD is looking for a project assistant who will work in close collaboration with the grants team and will support the implementation of the funded projects.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Istanbul projects office, the project assistant is under the line management of the Program Coordinator.
- Following direction provided by the Program Coordinator, provide administrative, financial and logistical support to the implementation of YYD’s grant projects.
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of project activities in line with agreed project documents, budgets, timelines, indicators and other project requirements.
- Offer support in verifying that the project work-plans are followed and set goals are met within the time-frame and budgets, in coordination with the line manager.
- Support the reporting, monitoring and evaluation activities in the overall projects.
- Develops and maintains master files on grants and paperwork connected to projects funded by grants.
- Report regularly to the Program Coordinator on any issues relating to the smooth implementation of the projects.
- Undertake duty travel as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong reporting, research, and analysis skills.
- Experience working in the humanitarian context.
- Good communications and teamwork skills.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Previous experience in a non-governmental organization.
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package.
Fluency in Turkish and English is required