AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for a Project assistant who will be positioned in Sanliurfa Office.
Required Qualification and Experiences
At least 2 years’ experience in social work, community outreach activities or volunteering.
Fluently in Kurdish, Turkish, Arabic and basic knowledge of English
1) Develop and update information and awareness-raising materials and tools in cooperation with outreach officer and programme coordinator
2) Lead the monitoring of activities for beneficiaries conducted by Field Workers through spot checks and field visits,
3) Support outreach officer in scheduling daily and weekly plans for the Field Workers and in ensuring that weekly and monthly targets are being achieved by Field Workers,
4) Conduct data entry of relevant forms (group sessions etc.) with the support of a Field Workers into database on a daily/weekly basis and in due time for reporting,
5) Support inconstructive and effective coordination with operational partners,
6) Initiate contact to Turkish authorities and service providers, including muhtars,
7) Lead the service mapping of relevant Turkish and Syrian actors for outreach and case management service mapping tool,
8) Conduct the works assigned by the employer
9) Submitting Weekly and Monthly Report on time manner
10) Planning and Organizing activities with children
11) Translation of needed documents required by related manager
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV and a cover letter mentioning SU-PO-18 in the subject line and explaining your salary expectation to email@example.com and fill in the application form on:
by the 25th of November 2018.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfil the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned