Job Title: Project Assistant
Maya Vakfı is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Assistant for our EU Funded Project
Project Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Project Duration: 14 months
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Child Center through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma Informed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and through its Volunteer Program Maya Vakfı provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
- Provide overall support and assistance to the Project Coordinator in managing and running all activities.
- Overall responsibility in dealing with all administrative, financial and procurement issues related to project
- Taking a lead in ensuring accurate and timely reporting and project progress and achievement
- Leading all efforts in organizing venues and participants lists for external events and meetings
- Assisting with outreach activities with communities
- Act as main focal point for the project in the absence of the Project Coordinator.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Undergraduate degree in Business, International Relations, Sociology, Psychology, Art or related field.
- Experience working with I/NGOs in Turkey and working with refugee communities
- At least one years’ experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in English and Turkish. Knoweldge of basic Arabic is desirable.
- Ability to be flexible, work in a fluid context and adaptation for unexpected situations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to travel
- Ability to be an analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter via apply/başvur button referring to the position they are applying for by April 1st, 2019.