Post Title: Project Assistant
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: 10 months with 2 months of probation
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 31.05.2019
Number of Posts: 1
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
In the South East of Turkey, WHH implements projects assisting Syrian refugees outside the camps to meet their essential needs through the provision of food aid. In Syria and Northern Iraq, WHH implements projects to meet the basic needs of IDPs through the provision of food, hygiene and gardening kits.
Description of duties:
Project Assistant will provide support for different project activities
The duties for the Project Assistant, in detail, will be;
Translate both orally and in writing from English into Turkish and vice versa
- Translate documents from English into Turkish and vice versa
- Assist in conducting interviews with beneficiaries and other possible target groups
- Assist during assessments with local authorities and verification of pre-selected beneficiaries
- Assist in Monitoring & Evaluation incl. data entry
Interact with different stakeholders, especially with different target groups
- Provide translation during meetings with different stakeholders, especially while communicating to target groups and local authorities
- Contact various stakeholders incl. local authorities, organize meetings and maintain close relationships
Provide project relevant information
- Preparing updates on project relevant issues, e.g. reporting, writing minutes of different meetings, overviews
- Compile and disseminate relevant project information
- Preparing project databases and developing templates
Provide support in the area of logistics/ distributions
- Collect quotations
- Support logistic e.g. by collecting quotations.
- Support the responsible Project Officer and relevant project staff in the preparation of a distribution.
- Support the Head of Project and other relevant project staff in the preparation of a distribution
- Conduct distributions together with the Head of Project and other relevant project staff among the Syrian refugee community in Turkey in various locations
- Ensure information exchange about humanitarian aid delivery with WHH-Gaziantep logistic department (arrival date, place and time)
- Support in following up with distributions and being in a constant contact with responsibilities
- Collect lists, outcomes after distributions
- Coordinate the schedule of the cars with Office Manager.
- Coordinate consultancy contracts with Human Resources Department.
- Coordinate payments, due dates with finance.
- Drafts service contracts
Open Master File of the project.
- Follow closely the necessary documents for the Master File and make sure that all documents are put into it.
- Update the project database with the necessary documents, reports, meeting minutes, etc.
- Save copy of the documents related with the project and share the needed ones with the related departments.
In addition to the above, the Project Assistant may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Project.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Studies / Economics or relevant education degree.
- Working experience: Minimum 1 year o professional experience in a similar position (an exception can be made for qualified candidates in entry-level positions)
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Internet skills
- English and Turkish writing skills, for example drafting reports
- Personality Requirements Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail, co-operative, good humor, able to work independently and with remote supervision. Ability to adjust to the mentalities of the duty station. A high degree of self-discipline and diplomatic competence.
- Language Skills: Very good command of spoken and written English, fluency in Turkish & Arabic.
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV in English with the subject Job Application – SYR1047 Project Assistant to the following email address: no later than May 31, 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.