Project Assistant (Ref: VA20P065V01)
|International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)||Ankara|
|Project Assistant||Uluslararası Organizasyonlar|
Posting Date: 01/04/2020
Deadline for Applications: 15/04/2020
Duty Station: Ankara, Turkey
Start Date: 01/05/2020
Contract Duration: 11 Months (with possibility of extension)
Type of Post: Local
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 17 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD is inviting all interested candidates to apply for the National Project Assistant for the SUPREME Project. The overall objective of this SUPREME project, financed by United Kingdom and implemented by ICMPD, is to support the Directorate General of Migration Management of Turkey (DGMM) in strengthening the policy development and institutional capacities as well as enhancing structured cooperation with countries of origins for an effective and sustainable migration management in Turkey.
SUPREME Project will be providing support to DGMM, through supporting policy development process and enhancing a sustainable cooperation framework with countries of origin. In order to further strength the operational capacity of DGMM, providing technical assistance for the establishment and functioning of national Assisted Voluntary Return system and exploring possibilities for development of a national reintegration programme that could be applied for the returned migrants and rejected asylum seekers will be focus of the project aiming to strength operational capacity of DGMM.
Please note that this position is subject to approval and availability of project funds.
The Project Assistant implements administrative processes and provides support to implementation of activities.
The Project Assistant prepares administrative documents and correspondence. S/he implements processes in support of recruitment and procurement actions in line with ICMPD rules and procedures and administers contracts. S/he processes payments and maintains project´s filing system.
The Project Assistant provides support to the implementation of project activities. S/he organises project events and meetings being responsible for the logistical arrangements and DSA payments. S/he collects, compiles and organises inputs to meetings, project reports, presentations, communication materials and towards formulation of new projects.
The Project Assistant works under the supervision of the Project Manager contributing to a smooth and timely delivery of project activities under the project(s)’s work plan and collaboratively with all members of project team(s) and the counterparts in ICMPD for implementation of the tasks.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Support to project administration:
- Assist in implementation of project activities in accordance with the work plan.
- Prepare administrative documents, collect and compile inputs to documents.
- Draft routine correspondence for project implementation.
- Prepare inputs to implementation processes such as recruitment of expert, procurement and contracting.
- Implement steps in recruitment processes for project staff and experts according to ICMPD rules and procedures. Prepare vacancy notices, organise expert travel
- Implement steps in procurement processes according to ICMPD rules and procedures.
- Collect and control timesheets.
- Administer contracts with service providers, interpreters and experts. Monitor payment schedules and implement payments.
- Process payments in SAP.
- Maintain documents according to the project filing system.
2. Support to project activities:
- Implement administrative activities and processes in support to the organisation of project events, workshops and meetings.
- Make visa arrangements, flight bookings, organise meeting facilities and accommodation, social programme, catering, audio-visual equipment, name tags, logistics for arrivals and departures.
- Make calculations for DSA and implement DSA payments in cash.
- Collect, compile and organise background materials, documents and other materials for meetings.
- Collect, compile and organise inputs to reports, summaries, graphs and presentations in support to various project activities.
- Collect, compile and organise inputs to PI/PR materials as required.
- Provide administrative support to implementation of project communication activities.
- Perform any other duties as required.
3. Support to project formulation:
- Collect, compile and organise inputs to formulation of project proposal and documents for new projects.
- Administrative activities implemented promptly, accurately and efficiently.
- Project activities supported by efficient and timely implementation of logistical support to project events, meetings and workshops.
- Project filing system maintained accurately.
- Administrative steps in the procurement and recruitment processes implemented timely and in line with ICMPD rules and procedures and following the applicable business processes.
- Payments implemented correctly and timely through SAP.
- Formulation supported by timely and correct preparation of supporting documents.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in project administration and implementation of projects in an international organisation context.
- Experience in organisation of events and meetings.
- Knowledge of ERP systems – knowledge of SAP in an asset.
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in managing conflict priorities and working with tight deadlines.
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Excellent command of standard MS-office software.
- Experience in international projects.
- Proficiency in (verbal/written) English and Turkish is required; proficiency in a third language is an asset.
- Bachelor´s degree in a relevant field.
ICMPD offers an attractive compensation package. This position is classified at LS1 with an annual net-base salary starting at EUR 9,840.00. Additional benefits include participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund, Health and Accident Insurance, six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, dependent’s and mobility allowances.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated above. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applicants are expected to be available for a personal/telephone interview.
In the event of a technical issue with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ICMPD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy or to cancel the recruitment.
This position may entail frequent travel to high risk areas at short notice for the execution of the tasks and duties, which may warrant adherence to security protocols, and/or health procedures.
Selected candidates will have to provide a signed statement of exclusivity and availability, as well as evidence supporting the educational and professional experience record as per their application. This is a mandatory requirement for EuropeAid tenders.
International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
ICMPD today is an international organisation with 15 Member States, over 200 staff members, a mission in Brussels and regional offices and representatives throughout Europe, Northern Africa, the Middle East and Latin America.
The purpose of ICMPD is to promote innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies and to function as a service exchange mechanism for governments and organisations.
The Agreement on the Establishment and Functioning of ICMPD mentions as a priority goal of the Member States the development and implementation of long-term strategies to cope with the migration phenomenon. Such strategies aim at facilitating early warning, combating root causes, harmonising entry control measures and coordinating alien, asylum and refugee policies. The objectives of the agreement are to promote international cooperation in the area of migration policies, as well as relevant research in these areas. To this end, ICMPD shall analyse current and potential migratory flows to European receiving countries, follow and examine the situation in the major countries of origin of migrants and develop measures for the improved recognition and control of migratory movements.