Post Title: Project Assistant
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Mardin with field visits to Diyarbakır
Duration: Contract until 31 October 2020
Starting : ASAP
Application closing Date: 05/08/2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH implements projects in Turkey assisting Syrians under Temporary Protection in their various needs, ranging from the provision of basic needs requirements through cash transfer up to protection related interventions and livelihoods activities. WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Overall Role: In close cooperation with Head of Project and Senior Project Officer, Project Assistant will facilitate the implementation of the project activities in Mardin and Diyarbakır provinces. Provide oral and written translation from English into Turkish and vice versa.
Duties and responsibilities
1. To convert written materials from one language to the other for surveys, presentations, forms, etc. To provide translated versions of written responses and transcripts of audio recordings. Edit and proof-read texts to accurately reflect language.
2. To act as a Turkish/English translator in regular meetings in the office and other meeting with stakeholders
3. To work under moderation of the Head of Project and Senior Project Officer to create an effective training program for the project staff
4. To keep the project database updated with the necessary documents, reports, meeting minutes, etc.
5. To assist Case Management teams for translation services, maintains accurate and confidential client records and keeps track of all necessary figures and data related to CM, to provide support for updating the service map
6. To attend activities of partner organizations whenever necessary
7. To facilitate the activities of project with related local authorities, other NGOs and INGOs and partner organisation
8. To work closely with WHH operational teams (finance, logistics, MEAL, communications) to ensure quality delivery of the services
9. In addition to the above, the Project Assistant may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Project.
Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Translation-interpreting department or the
At least 2 years’ relevant work experience
Excellent written and spoken English and Turkish. Knowledge of Arabic and/or Kurdish is an asset
Previous working experience in NGOs and/or INGOs a strong asset
Good command of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments.
Familiarity with the South-eastern region of Turkey is preferable
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 05/08/2020 at the latest.
CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate
who matches the required profile before the above deadline.