Post Title: Project Assistant
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension (2 months probation)
Starting: As soon as possible
Benefits: Competitive package
Application closing Date: 23/08/2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
The main purpose of the project is to facilitate access to qualified protection services for people in need, whether provided by public institutions or by providing services directly through WHH or through project partners.
Additionally, the project will focus on capacity building for local partners and duty bearers alike, as well as engaging with targeted communities in order to identify protection risks through protection monitoring.
WHH implements projects in Turkey assisting Syrians under Temporary Protection in their various needs, ranging from the provision of basic needs requirements through cash transfer, protection related interventions and livelihoods activities. WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. At times the duration of the announced post may be extended, however if funds are cancelled or cannot finance an extension, the activities may stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
The Project Assistant is responsible
Responsibilities of Project Assistant:
Technical advice and guidance
- Assist the Head of Project and/or Senior Project Officer in the project coordination and in the implementation of the project activities
- Participate to project coordination meetings, writing meeting minutes and overviews.
- Preparing updates and narrative reports on project relevant issues; provide timely inputs for new initiatives and improvements
- Maintain and gather project statistics regarding beneficiary numbers and profiles, type and quantity of assistance provided, and any other quantitative and qualitative information required by the project
- Monthly data collection, data entry & data analysis based on project requirements with ensuring from data accuracy and reliability.
- Monitor the field activities based on project implementation plan through WHH monitoring and evaluation tools; attend activities of partner organizations whenever necessary
- Support the documentation and reporting of the project activities according to the regulations of Welthungerhilfe and donors; update the project database and Master File with the necessary documents, reports, meeting minutes, etc.
- Translate documents from English into Turkish and vice versa
- Assist to developing technical concepts, guidelines, manuals, procedures, concept papers upon request of the management team
Reporting and Communications:
- Weekly and/or monthly-based reporting to Head of Project
- Coordinate with different departments (Finance, Logistics, M&E, Communications) within the organization upon request of the management team to ensure a quality service delivery
- Compile and disseminate relevant project information to relevant stakeholders
- Attend and feedback to relevant coordination meetings, clusters and/or working groups
- Represent WHH towards other NGOs in protection sector, as well as public institutions
- Respect confidentiality of work contents and rights of the clients
- Maintain professional boundaries at all times
In addition to the above, the Project Assistant may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Project.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in social sciences and/or administrative sciences; preferably International Relations, Sociology, Political Science, Public Administration. Master’s degree in a relevant field is an asset. Certified trainings on project management, reporting and humanitarian operations are highly desirable.
- Work Experience: At least 1 years of experience in NGOs/INGOs in a similar role. Proven volunteer work is desirable.
- Technical Skills:
- Proven skills of project reporting; narrative and data formats
- Sound knowledge of refugee response, humanitarian operations and community development
- Experience in organizing training and activities.
- Good presentation skills
- Good command of Microsoft office tools (MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook at a minimum)
- Good team player, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments
- Self-motivated and able to work proactively
- Decision-making skills and problem-solving ability
- Very good communication skills
- Attentive to details
- Ability to meet deadlines and cope with pressing timelines
- Language Skills: Excellent command of English and Turkish (written and spoken). Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
The Project Assistant will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 23/08/2020 at the latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
Referance code: Job Application Project Assistant–TUR1006
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.