Position: Project Assistant
Job Location: Gaziantep
Reporting to: Project Officer
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Key relationships: Project Officer, Project Manager, Field Officer, MEAL, Grants, Procurement, finance Dept., project finance Dept.
General objective of the position:
The Project Assistant will provide support to the day-to-day work in terms of activity planning and implementation.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Closely coordinate with the project team in Turkey office and in the field.
- Assisting the project team in timely delivery of the project’s activities within the approved scope and budget.
- Contribute to timely and quality implementation of the project in line with its work plan.
- Assist the projects officer in developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Assist the projects team in development of detailed project plan to track progress.
- Use the verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Contribute to sufficient follow up of the procurement plan, review and validate the purchase order within time and scope of the project.
- track the risk matrix of the projects assigned to her/him.
- Support the fulfillment of paper-works related to the relevant project/s, and create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Assist the project team in tracking projects spending on monthly basis from all donors
- Ensure required reporting is done timely and accurately.
- Attend a weekly meeting to review projects status with Program team.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- A university degree in Project Management or any related field
- A minimum 1-2 years of office-setting experience, preferably with program management/ NGO work.
- Fluency written and spoken in Arabic
- Very good written and spoken in English
- budget management
- project management
- Remote management tools and techniques
- humanitarian principles
- report writing
- Microsoft office.
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
This recruitment process is rapid recruitment: Note. Due to the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. Applications will be assessed as per received and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
Interested candidates may please send their resume and fill the application in the following link
Last date for application is October/ 06 / 2020