Post Title: Project Assistant
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: Until 30.06.2021 (with 2 months of probation and possibility of extension)
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 18.10.2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Description of Duties:
As part of the project team, the Project Assistant will be responsible for fulfilling following tasks and
- Translate both orally and in writing from Arabic into Turkish and vice versa. Arabic and Turkish languages are required and English is an asset. Interact with different stakeholders, especially with different target groups. Contact various stakeholders including local authorities, organize meetings. Participate the meetings with stakeholders, especially while communicating to target grups and local authorities and provide translation during the meetings.
- Provide relevant project information. Preparing updates on project relevant issues, eg. reporting, writing minutes of different meetings, overviews. Compile and disseminate relevant project information. Preparing project databases and developing templates.
- Provide support in the area of logistics/distributions. The field experience in humanitarian work and logistics background is required. and Support logistic e.g. by collecting quotations. Support responsible Project Officer, HOP and relevant project staff in preparation of a distribution. Support HOP, Project Officer and relevant project staff among the Syrian refugee community in Turkey in various locations. Ensure information exchange about humanitarian aid delivery with WHH-Gaziantep logistic department (arrival date, time, place, etc.) Collect lists, outcomes after distributions. Coordinate the schedule of the cars with Office Manager.
- Open Master File of the project. Follow closely the necessary documents for the Master File and make sure that all documents are put into it. Update the project database with the necessary documents, reports, meeting minutes, etc. Save copy of the documents related with the project and share the needed ones with the related departments.
In addition to the above, the Project Assistant might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Supervisor.
- Education: : Bachelor’s Degree in Social Studies / Economics or relevant education degree.
- Minimum 1 year professional experience in a similar position (an exception can be made for qualified candidates in entry-level positions)
- Previous experience in logistic positions.
- Previous field experience in humanitarian work.
- Objective analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written skills (presenting complex information coherently and succinctly).
- Ability to coordinate complex projects, including the ability to assess priorities and manage competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Good Computer Skills and knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Office
- Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail, co-operative, good humor, able to work independently and with remote supervision. Ability to adjust to the mentalities of the duty station. A high degree of self-discipline and diplomatic competence.
- Language Skills: Arabic and Turkish languages are essentially required and English is an asset.
The Project Assistant will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 18.10.2020 latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.