Project Case Management Assistant
|Expected Starting date:||ASAP||Status:||Fixed-term|
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a humanitarian, impartial and independent non-governmental organisation based in Turkey, facilitating access to health care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty or exclusion. It seeks to stimulate and enlist voluntary commitment from medical and health care providers, and those with expertise in other fields.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running projects aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Mental Health & Psychosocial Support and Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation services to the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is part of Doctors of the World international network. Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements have taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. Over 3 million refugees, migrants & asylum seekers are currently hosted in Turkey which led to an increasing demand for health services and put a serious burden on the system. A need arose for permanent health facilities to provide services; and hence improve access to the services to a large number of refugees and migrants.
In this context, Dünya Doktorları Derneği’s intervention aims at assisting the local public health system in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir, Gaziantep and Istanbul provinces.
In Afrin, DDD is preparing an intervention to assist population in need by providing health services.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in İzmir, Project Case Management Assistant is under the management of the Project Facility Manager and technically will be supervised by the Project Senior MHPSS Manager.
- Conduct mapping of service providers and establish referral mechanisms with external aid actors
- Liaise with various service providers and aid actors in the operational area
- Conduct outreach activities and community based intervention modalities
- Monitor, review and follow up individual cases
- Draft and submit weekly and monthly progress reports
- Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- Develop and Perform Preventive Measures
- Other related tasks
Conduct mapping of service providers and establish referral mechanisms with external aid actors
- Engage with the member in a variety of settings to establish an effective, professional relationship
- Gather information to identify and manage barriers to achievement of care plan goals
Liaise with various service providers and aid actors in the operational area
- Collaborate with members of an inter-disciplinary team to meet the needs of the individual and the population
- In each interaction, the employee will aspire to help the member to feel informed, empowered, and supported by DDD
Conduct outreach activities and community based intervention modalities
- Properly assess, refer and accompany beneficiaries in need of health/mental health support/treatment to specialized services
- Engage the member, collect relevant health and psychosocial information to assist in completion of the assessment, considering the cultural and linguistic needs of each member
- Educate the member and other stakeholders about treatment options, community resources, etc.
- Regular travel to conduct member visits, provider visits and community based visits as needed to ensure effective administration of the program.
Monitor, review and follow up individual cases
- Participate in the identification and prioritization of the individual’s care management needs and goals in collaboration with the member and caregivers;
- Participate in the development and implementation of individual care plans;
- Maximize the client’s health, wellness, safety, adaptation, and self-care through effective care coordination and case management;
- Document care coordination activities and member response in a timely manner according to standards of practice and DDD policies regarding professional documentation;
- Evaluate client satisfaction through open communication and monitoring of concerns or issues;
Draft and submit weekly and monthly progress reports
- She/he will write monthly reports on all the activities implemented as requested by the Facility Manager according to the project and management indicators.
- She/he will assist the Facility Manager in providing sufficient and detailed information for program reporting and evaluation.
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, she/he will ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented and reported to her/his manager.
- She/he will ensure that each of her/his sessions is documented in order to comply with donor audit requirements
Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- In collaboration with the mental health team, explore and detect potential risk factors influencing mental health status of the target population;
- When required, coordinate with other stakeholders to reduce and/or eliminate potential risk factors.
Develop and Perform Preventive Measures
- In collaboration with the mental health team, develop and implement innovative preventive mental health interventions and activities to be undertaken within the community.
- Provide regular reporting on Case Management Assistant activities to the Line-Manager, upon his/her solicitation;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
Other tasks related to the position
- Participates in the team meeting;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD programs;
- Assist in any other tasks related to the position, as required by DDD Management.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- High School certificate is required;
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in the humanitarian sector;
- Fluent in Arabic and Turkish, oral and written;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in Case Management,
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Outlook),
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced and multi-cultural work environment;
Skills and qualities required
- Personal qualities as diplomacy, patient confidentiality, multi-cultural flexibility, stress management and a strong sense of integrity,
- To be receptive, sensitive and an excellent listener,
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate an idea clearly and concisely in public, with good understanding of at stakes,
- Strong planning and organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions,
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision,
- Ability to establish strong connections with other stakeholders,
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation.
How to apply:
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 03-02-2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.