Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Fatih Community Center - İstanbul, the Case Management Officer is under the line management of the Project Manager.
- M&E and Capacity building
- Service mapping
- Liaison and communication
- Other duties
- Provide day to day supervision and on-demand task support to case management staff.
- Ensure that all CM activities are in compliance with the criteria and timeframes defined in the CM SOP.
- Supervise the Project CMAs in managing vulnerable individuals and families with specific needs through each step of the Case Management Cycle.
- Provide case management support to the team i.e. care plan reviews, referral to appropriate internal/external services.
- Support the CMAs in providing high level initial needs assessments and case management planning, ongoing assessment and individualized settlement support to clients and their family members.
- Supervise the referral mechanism with other stakeholders and conduct screening, quality checks of the submitted referral forms
- M&E and Capacity Building
- Ensure that team operates as per the work plans, timeline and M&E system as designed.
- Support the field manager to ensure that the case management team is working in parallel with DDD’s case management standards and operating procedures.
- Collaborate with the MEAL Dept to ensure proper design, formulation, coding, and utility of beneficiary database.
- Regular follow up on data collection and making sure of monitoring tools and satisfaction surveys are collected regularly.
- Identify training needs for the CM team.
- Provide continuance on-job training when it is needed to the CM team.
- Service Mapping
- Represent DDD project within the area of interventions.
- Contribute to the development of service planning, delivery and evaluation, to enable the DDD team to deliver quality, best practice and innovative services within program timelines.
- In coordination with the Project manager, develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with other team members, partners and key stakeholders to enhance the effectiveness of the service delivery model and to promote understanding and awareness of services and on issues affecting the targeted population.
- Update the service mapping to meet the required needs from the targeted population. And Keep the other team members informed of any service changes and updates.
- Liaison and Communication
- Coordinate with other departments like logistic, Finance in order to ensure timely and quality referrals and services.
- Identify and organize collaborative partnership with new services providers.
- Maintain close communication and coordination with other stakeholders and service providers.
- Engage civil society partners in collaborations and networks to ensure the most vulnerable cases are highlighted.
- Work with community-based organizations to improve quality of ability to monitor protection needs and gaps in and around immigrants’ population.
- Organize and maintain project filling system.
- Ensure integrity of client related documentation and data entry procedures and ensuring that information is up to date in case management system.
- Utilize data to track, trend and report productivity and outcome measures.
- Report to the project field manager about the ongoing activities and other significant changes or events.
- Participate in team meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD programs;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- University Degree, preferred to be in Medical or Legal background
- 4 years experience in similar Position in Istanbul
- Required: Turkish, English, French (oral and written)
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 05.01.2020.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.