|Vacancy Notice Number:||VN#TR/2018/196|
|Position Title:||Project Clerk (MPA)|
|Duty Station:||Ankara – Turkey|
|Classification:||6 months Special Short Term Contract (G3) – with possible extension|
|Deadline of Applications:||21 November 2018|
|Eligibility:||Internal and External Candidates|
Under the overall supervision of the MPA Programme Manager and direct supervision of the National MPA in Ankara, Turkey, the incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the MPA activities of the mission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to the organization of MPA project activities, including
assistance in preparing agendas and invitations, logistical arrangements, coordination of translation
of relevant documents, etc.
2. Provide support to Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) Project Assistants in case
management and database entries, including provision of basic assistance to migrants as needed.
3. Provide clerical administrative support to the MPA unit’s liaison activities.
4. Provide general support in the processing of reintegration assistance for Turkish returnees from
5. Attend relevant meetings and workshops and prepare meeting minutes and workshop reports.
6. Provide interpretation when needed.
7. Word process, format and collate tables, reports, presentation and other documentation for public
information activities, including for social media.
8. Support the provision of reintegration assistance to Turkish returnees, including preparation of the
necessary paperwork, coordination with the Financial Department, and providing returnees with incash
9. Regularly compile information and data on migration-related trends, legislative and policy developments, etc. relating to MPA.
10. Perform general administrative duties.
11. Undertake duty travel within Turkey as well as abroad as required.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
• Secondary Education
• Minimum 3 years of experience.
• Familiar with excel spreadsheets, work processing and other computer tools.
• Possess strong organizational and communication skills; detail oriented, committed, efficient and flexible.
• Fluency in Turkish & English is required.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism
• Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
• Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
• Monitors own work to correct errors
• Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
• Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
• Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project
• Contributes to colleagues' learning
• Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
• Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
• Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
• Actively shares relevant information
• Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
• Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
• Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the Audience
Creativity and Initiative
• Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
• Convinces others to share resources
• Presents goals as shared interests
• Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
• Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
• Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR Procedures
Planning and Organizing
• Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
• Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
• Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
• Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
• Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
• Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
• Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
• Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
• Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
• Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
• Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
• Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
• Contributes to, and follows team objectives
• Gives credit where credit is due
• Seeks input and feedback from others
• Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
• Actively supports and implements final group decisions
• Takes joint responsibility for team's work
• Learns about developments in available technology
• Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
• Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number and the city applied for in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara, Turkey by the end of 21 November 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Finance Assistant (Compliance)
- National Migration Health Physician
- Project Assistant (Case Management)
- Project Assistant (Social Work)
- Project Assistant (Psychosocial Animation)
- Field Assistant (Quality Control)
- Operations Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant - Istanbul
- Data Processing Assistant - Ankara
- Migration Health Nurse
- MPM Programme IM-GIS Assistant (Displacement Tracking Matrix / DTM Turkey)
- National Project Officer (FAP)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (Accountability to affected population)