Project Consultant (Medical Doctor)
Citizens Assembly is looking for a skilled Medical Doctor to help us provide quality service to our beneficiaries. This position is a great opportunity for you to gain experience in the humanitarian sector and develop your skills. You will also be an important member of our team focusing on migrants who has been ill-treated to help them heal both psychological and physical.
You will be working in Nefes center located in Fatih, Istanbul performing case management to help rehabilitation of migrant survivors of ill-treatment. Your main duties will be to refer our beneficiaries to different clinics and hospitals to receive the appropriate care.
We expect you to share our humanitarian values to offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. In Citizens Assembly we treat our patients with dignity, and with respect for their cultural and religious beliefs.
Your tasks as Medical Advisor (Doctor Consultant) includes:
- Assess and understand beneficiaries’ medical concerns and refer accordingly to other contracted health facilities.
- Conduct regular assessments of the quality of care provided by the referral health facilities.
- Keep records of all services (diagnosis, tests, results, medication etc.) provided for referred beneficiaries to contracted health facilities.
- Follow up the beneficiaries (adherence and compliance with the treatment, respect for the appointments), in close contact with the health facility of referral.
- Participates in the multidisciplinary meetings to share information with the rest of the team.
- Ensure proper communication, interdisciplinary and holistic approach and decision for the beneficiaries.
We are looking for a dedicated person who has the right personality and wants to help our beneficiaries gain a better life. We do expect our candidates to have the following requirements.
- Academic degree in Medicine.
- Relevant experiences working as a general practitioner. Experience with torture cases is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the Turkish Health System
- Cultural awareness of our Arabic speaking beneficiaries
- Excellent Arabic language skills, both written and verbal
- High level Turkish and English, both written and verbal. Arabic and/or Farsi is an asset
- Strong mental mindset
- Turkish citizenship or temporary protection card
- Turkish medical licence is an asset
- Experience working with vulnerable groups and/or NGOs is an asset
- Full time position (Monday to Friday from 09:00-18:00)
- 6-month contract (Renewable)
- Location: Istanbul
We require all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
The deadline for application is 18 October 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for technical test and interview.
All the steps of the recruitment would be done in ENGLISH.
Faaliyetlerine uluslararası Helsinki Yurttaşlar Meclisi girişimiyle eşzamanlı olarak 1990 yılında başlayan Yurttaşlık Derneği (Yd), 1993 yılında, uluslararası niteliği Bakanlar Kurulu'nca da tanınan bir sivil toplum örgütü olarak İstanbul'da kuruldu.
Dernek, temel hak ve özgürlükler, barış, çoğulculuk, yurttaşlık ve demokratikleşme alanlarında çalışmalar yürütür. Uluslararası sözleşmelerde de ifade edilen haysiyetli bir yaşam, hukukun üstünlüğü ve adalet, hesap veren, şeffaf ve katılımcı kamu idaresi, toplumsal cinsiyet eşitliği gibi değerlerin; toplumsal dokuyu ve barışı, şehirleri ve gezegeni tahrip etmeyen bir ekonominin; çatışma ve sorunların barışçı müzakere, istişare ve diyalog yöntemleriyle çözümlenmesi gibi usullerin gündelik hayatta benimsenerek sivil tabanda somutlaşmasını ve yaygınlaştırılmasını hedefler.