Project Coordinator (Africa Desk) (Ref: PC-3)
|YERYÜZÜ DOKTORLARI DERNEĞİ||İstanbul|
|AB Proje Koordinatörü||Sivil Toplum|
|Fransızca (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Project Coordinator (Africa Desk)
Having started up its activities in 2000 as an international aid organization focused on health, Yeryüzü Doktorları have carried out hundreds of projects so far with the support of more than 30 thousand volunteers in more than 50 countries such as Afghanistan, Syria, Somali, Palestine, Uganda and Yemen.
Yeryüzü Doktorları mainly aims to reach those regions which do not have access to local healthcare services and also those regions affected by natural disasters. It has set out initially by organizing short-term health camps for the purpose of conducting examinations and surgeries, providing medicine and equipment support and these camps have turned into long-term and sustainable projects over time.
Yeryüzü Doktorları continues conducting preventive health programs, psychosocial support, physical capacity building and health education projects in both emergency situations and in less developed countries.
We are looking for a Project Coordinator (Africa Desk) to join our team who will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of the assigned humanitarian project/s.
Istanbul, Turkey (HQ)
Program and Operations
Expected Start Date:
- Managing humanitarian project/s in the specified region in collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Write and prepare project proposal upon request.
- Actively participates in capacity building.
- Assists in the formulation of periodic/annual performance objectives, development of project strategies, and providing solutions where applicable.
- Ensure that project/s adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assists in identifying priorities for and in the conduct of program documentation.
- Maintain and monitor project plans, HR, budget, expenditures, reports, and conduct auditing.
- Document, follow up, archive important actions and decisions.
- Coordinate with Finance department to ensure timely release of financial support for approved activities.
- Coordinate with the other program/project staff and other departments to ensure the synchronized delivery of outputs according to plan in the area/s of assignment.
- Consults with partners/staff to identify needs in the field.
- Maps and identifies potential partners in relevant thematic/geographic areas.
- Organise, attend, and participate in stakeholder meetings and ensure that stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Based on the Management request make a field visit.
- Do all preparations for the field visit.
- Visit and participate in stakeholder meetings in the assigned country.
- Coordinate team and operations in the field.
- Work closely with partner/staff to ensure that project operations comply with safety and security guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related field.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PPT, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Fluency in Turkish, English, and French is required.
- Flexible and able to easily adapt to different environments (inclusion and respect for diversity).
- Have no obstacle to travel.
- Able to work flexible hours.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.