The Project Development Assistant ensures the production of timely reports and ensures proper grant management more broadly, in support to the Sr Project Development Officer, and in collaboration with the Project Development Department. The Project Development Assistant will work closely with Program Teams to ensure that the necessary information is collected from the field level and communicated appropriately to donors and relevant stakeholders. He/she assists the Project Development Department with the development of project proposals in line with ACTED’s global and in-country programme strategy.
1. Ensure good donor relations through proper, qualitative and timely grant management;
2. Contribute to effective internal coordination and communication between departments, as part of ensuring proper grant management as well as filing, at Antakya level as well as with the coordination office;
3. Raise ACTED’s profile and credibility by communicating a positive image of ACTED’s activities and engagements in the country;
4. Support when needed the Project Development Department with research to inform ACTED’s programming strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Development Officer and within the structure of the Project Development Department, the Project Development Assistant will be responsible for:
Production of Regular Project Reports:
Collect and synthesize data from the field, and draft reports in cooperation with project management, finance, monitoring and evaluation, and other field coordination departments.
Draft reports for external purposes as well as internal purposes. Ensure regular and timely development of internal reports as well as provide active support for internal reporting tools to ACTED, using the relevant ACTED templates.
Support the Project Development Department with communication with donors, INGOs, and relevant stakeholders by preparing the requested information to ensure the necessary reporting requirements are met to an appropriate standard and on schedule.
Support the preparation of inter-agency reports and data matrices to ensure co-ordination within sectors (WASH, Shelter, FSL, CCCM, etc.). Support with direct submission to said stakeholders when relevant.
Ensure project documents are systematically filed and up to date.
- Management of Internal and External Communications:
Contribute to the drafting of communication pieces to highlight ACTED Turkey’s activities and achievements
Prepare and minute regular and ad hoc departmental and inter-departmental coordination meetings.
Ensure communication records are filed and up-to-date.
- Supporting Project Development:
Assist the Project Development Department for the programming and fundraising strategy, as assigned. This includes collecting data through desk review, and the drafting of concept notes when relevant.
Key Performance Indicators
- % of reports consolidated in an accurate, quality and timely manner
- % of project documentation allowing for proper grants management follow up consolidated and filed
- # of desk reviews conducted in support to ACTED programming strategy and/or fundraising strategy
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Attitude Required
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- A minimum of one year of working experience in NGOs is preferred.
- High integrity and willingness to conduct her/himself transparently.
- Ability to respect and engage with diplomacy in interactions within department and inter-department.
- Ability to be impartial, objective and ensure confidentiality.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to present information clearly and concisely in English are critical. Ability to write detailed reports on a wide variety of subjects. Ability to extract information from a variety of tools to consolidate an accurate picture of programming.
- Proficiency in all computer related tasks including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is strongly desirable.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including in a multi-cultural environment, across bases, and in a fast pace and challenging working environment.
- Good analytical skills, attention to details, and critical thinking ability.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and solution-oriented attitude are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative, and organize work independently. The ability to adapt to the schedules of other department focal points and taking responsibility for the delivery of timely outputs will be important to ensure tasks are fulfilled appropriately.
- Genuine care and respect for needs of others.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values, and to understanding the nature of the work carried out by ACTED and field teams. A proactive and self-motivated attitude towards gaining a good understanding of ACTED programs is essential.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to learn and capacity to innovate; the Project Development Assistant must be inventive and
- eager to improve his/her own skills and strive to excel in their tasks, be capable to adapt, shape and develop tools best suited for ACTED’s activities.
- Ability and willingness to integrate feedback and lessons learnt to build on previous tasks and improve the quality of the work in a timely manner.
- Only national application.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.