Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in İzmir, Project Field Assistant is under the line management of the Project Manager.
- Proposal writing
- Monitoring and Evaluation support
- Internal Communication
- Other related tasks
- Writing of concept notes, proposals and donor reports, whilst ensuring consistency and quality throughout, including log-frame;
- Review indicators to make sure they are SMART and harmonised;
- Ensure compilation of donor guidelines;
- Whenever relevant, attend Donors meetings/visits, record and disseminate the information shared;
- Support the line manager in preparing training modules on proposal/reporting duties for field staff and partners;
- Contribute to the production of any other reports requested by the local authorities;
Monitoring and Evaluation support
- Support the preparation of M&E Reports that contain summary data, reviewing overall performance against targets and making overall recommendations, including best practices identified and lessons learnt;
- Support the line manager in designing the Mission Monitool;
Internal and External Communication
- In collaboration with the line manager, prepare and review the situation report (SITREP) by collecting and compiling all relevant mission information every two months;
- Ensure proper filing (soft and hard copies) of all project documentation in the mission;
- Organize the regular production of Program Communication Document such as maps, briefing, videos;
- Produce data for communication purpose (Regional Dashboard, Snapshot etc.);
- Provide regular reporting on activities to the line-manager (bilateral meeting etc.);
- Provide a Mission report and/or Handover document at the end of the assignment.
Other tasks related to the position
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD programs;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Education & Qualification
- Licence degree related to humanities or social sciences, and/or other relevant fields;
- At least 3 years of professional experiences, in a similar or equivalent position;
- Proven experience of reporting and proposal writing;
- Knowledge of donor mechanisms; knowledge of donor compliance is an advantage;
Technical Skills and Personal qualities required
- High standard of English writing and editorial skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and IT in general;
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision;
- Organised and able to manage priorities;
- Proactive, adaptable and capacity to take initiatives;
- Proactive approach to identifying solutions;
- Diplomatic and open-mindedness;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
- Good analytical skills;
- Diplomacy and open-mindedness;
- Team spirit
- Sense of humour
- Required: Turkish and English are mandatory (oral and written)
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 30.06.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.