Project Field Coordinator
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)|
PROJECT FIELD COORDINATOR, BLACK SEA REGION, TURKEY
Location of the position: Düzce, with regular travel to Ordu, is expected. May require travel to Istanbul or other parts of Turkey.
Earthworm Foundation (EF) is a dynamic international non-profit organization that helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature. We employ more than 200 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling examples of the transformation of environmental and social practices. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring examples of change. We focus on creating value, engaging without judging and carrying hope and a positive vision of the future. We do this through our field-based projects and our expert team of professionals in 5 continents and nearly 30 countries around the world.
What Makes Us Unique
Beyond providing advice on the policy setup based on our strong technical expertise, we see the world through interactions and relationships. Operating between two worlds (NGO-Companies/Buyer-Supplier), we encourage our partners to look inside, and are not only their environmental conscience. In addition to traceability and assessments, we create and innovate solutions to the challenges companies and communities face.
Our work in Turkey
Since 2021, Earthworm Foundation has been implementing a community development program in the hazelnut supply chain in Black Sea Region. Through our work we are focusing on 3 key elements i) increasing the resilience of farmer communities, ii) raising awareness of community members in environmental protection, and iii) combating social and labor risks particularly child labor. To implement these activities, we work with community members and stakeholders such as farmers, workers, agricultural business intermediaries, manaus (traders), suppliers, official institutions and organizations, and non-governmental organizations that make up the hazelnut supply chain.
The Project Field Coordinator will be based in Black Sea Region with a proportional presence in Düzce and Ordu. He/she will be responsible for the overall implementation, monitoring, and reporting of our social/farmer resilience activities and the management and mentoring of the project field team based in Düzce and Ordu.
Essential responsibilities and functions include:
▪ Plan, coordinate, and oversee activities related to our field program, ensuring all delivery targets are satisfactorily met. This includes: conducting diagnostics/baselines, development of fieldwork plans, fieldwork supervision, budget management, monitoring project progress, impact measurement, building new relationships with other organizations/stakeholders
▪ Work closely with line manager and Program team to ensure a holistic approach to implementation
▪ Management of field-based team ensuring a collaborative, dynamic, respectful, and results-focused spirit is maintained in the team
▪ Work co-operatively with relevant stakeholders, particularly with the member field team, local suppliers, local communities, labor brokers, workers, local authorities, and national, and international NGOs.
▪ Coordinate logistic, finance, admin, procurement, and other support to ensure appropriate and timely inputs of goods, equipment, supplies and utilities, etc.
▪ Contribute to forums, coordination and working group meetings to develop and nurture fruitful relations and build partnerships.
▪ Any other duties related to the nature of the job as requested by the line manager.
▪ Bachelor/Master’s degree or other equivalent higher-level training in Social sciences, Sustainable Development, Rural Development, Human Rights, Sociology, Environmental science, or other related fields
▪ Advanced writing and communication skills in English and Turkish. Able to prepare field progress reports, able to communicate comfortably with management team and peers from other nationalities.
▪ Good understanding of global supply chains and sourcing issues
▪ Minimum 5 years of experience in Social Projects or Agriculture Resilience management
▪ Demonstrated experience in managing/supervising teams is a must. Able to plan, prioritize and delegate tasks/activities and closely monitor them with minimum supervision needs in the scope of project implementation.
▪ Working experience in Agricultural Supply Chain in Turkey i.e: Black Sea Region, Southeast Region, Hazelnut Supply Chain, Cotton Supply Chain etc.
▪ Knowledge of livelihood services in Turkey, including knowledge of household economy in rural and urban contexts, income-generating activities, agriculture, greenhouse, cooperative and small business management, etc.
The successful candidate will be passionate about making a positive impact on community members, farmers and farmworkers in the Turkish hazelnut value chain. He/she will be a self-starter with drive and motivation, have professional experience working with smallholders, businesses, and civil society, and be passionate about social but also about environmental and agricultural issues throughout the supply chain. The position will be based in the hazelnut growing region of Turkey with the need for frequent travel across the growing regions.
What We Offer
• A unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic Foundation directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through trade.
• A dynamic international environment with the chance to work in a multicultural setting.
• Opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest companies on the most pressing social and environmental issues that they face.
• Opportunity to lead a major new initiative and gain advanced project management, client relations and business development skills, with exposure to many diverse tasks.
• Opportunity to work with high-level procurement and CSR offices in international corporations.
• Salary will be commensurate to experience.
To apply, please send in your CV and ‘Statement of Interest’ to email@example.com