Project Field Coordinator (Ref: SVN#TR/2023/79)
Vacancy Notice Number:
Project Field Coordinator
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G7) – with possible extension
Gaziantep - Türkiye
Deadline of Applications:
4 April 2023
Number of Vacant Positions:
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of Senior Programme Coordinator (Refugee Response), and direct and technical supervision of Protection and Resilience Program Officer, based in Gaziantep, the incumbent will be responsible for providing specialized support in the implementation of the activities at the Ensar Community Centre in Gaziantep, in close coordination with the Protection and Resilience Unit teams and the Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality’s Directorate of Migration Management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate effective and timely delivery of the Ensar Community Centre project activities, namely (i) counselling and referral services (ii) capacity building activities (iii) supporting community engagement and socio-cultural activities for migrant, refugee and host communities.
- Provide technical guidance and support to IOM Project Assistants, as well to interpreters and other support staff.
- Closely and continuously monitor all aspects of implementation of project activities.
- Identify capacity needs of the IOM project team and municipal staff involved in the project, including design and implementation of capacity building trainings, workshops and other activities. Keep track of training records and share regularly with HR Unit in Gaziantep.
- Act as a focal point in liaising with relevant IOM Gaziantep units including Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL), Program Development & Reporting, Legal Support Unit, Public Information, Government Liaison, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Staff Security, Human Resources, and Procurement and Logistics.
- Strengthen coordination between the Ensar Centre project team and other IOM Gaziantep units such as Emergency Case Management (ECM), Psychosocial Mobile Teams (PMT), Cash Based Interventions (CBI), Shelter Program, Community Stabilisation (CS), Livelihood, School Transportation, and Labour Migration.
- Act as a focal point in liaising with local authorities, UNHCR, and other partner agencies, attend regular interagency coordination meetings, and provide relevant information on IOM Türkiye and Ensar Centre project activities.
- Monitor the regular and effective usage of a) the telephone hotline system to ensure regular beneficiary feedback on IOM services, and b) the Migrant Services database to keep track of relevant data as a basis for improving overall service provision.
- Regularly report internally on ongoing and planned project activities, progress, and impact, as well as challenges encountered. Recommend action to respond to pertinent challenges.
- Prepare internal and external adhoc reports, briefing notes, and other presentation materials for relevant IOM units, local authorities, UN agencies, and donor entities in a timely manner.
- Support other municipal centers run by IOM in Türkiye as might be necessary, and when requested by the Programme Manager.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Law, Social and/or Political Science, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Experience in supervision of case management is an asset;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national / international institutions;
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Experience working in the region is an advantage;
- Experience in writing reports, papers, briefings;
- Willing and being able to travel.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
• Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
• Shares credit for team accomplishments and ensures that the contribution of others is recognized.
• Helps create a positive team spirit, putting aside personal considerations to help the team achieve its goals.
- Delivering results:
•Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs.
• Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
• Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
• Aligns projects with Organization’s mission and objectives and demonstrates a good understanding of the impact of team’s and own work on external and internal counterparts.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
• Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
• Builds networks for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas and puts others into contact with various sources of knowledge.
• Contributes to an environment that is conducive to innovation and learning.
• Proactively seeks responsibility in delivering towards the goals of the Organization.
• Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
• Stands by the actions of team or department, publicly accepting ownership.
• Takes responsibility of own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable
•Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
• Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
• Listens and seeks to understand without bias, and responds appropriately.
• Shares information and keeps others up to date; actively seeks others' views and ideas and respects their contribution.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Assigns responsibilities fairly and manages performance, taking account of individual strengths, workloads and interests.
• Is inclusive in decision-making and actively seeks feedback from team members and colleagues in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Takes sound and timely managerial decisions that are consistent with the Organization's vision and purpose.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of stakeholders to understand needs and gain support.
- Empowering others and building trust:
•Delegates appropriately to make the most of others’ talents, clarifying expectations and allowing autonomy in important areas while providing necessary support.
• Encourages others to take responsibility for their performance; promotes ownership, responsibility and accountability for desired results at all levels.
• Creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence in which others can talk and act without fear of repercussion.
• Gives proper credit to others, shows appreciation and rewards achievement and effort.
- Strategic thinking and vision:
•Aligns own actions to the Organization’s vision, values and mandate.
• Translates strategic direction into short and medium-term plans and objectives for own team; revises objectives to reflect changes in organizational goals.
• Identifies key issues/priorities in complex situations and how they may be related to one another.
• Clearly communicates links between the Organization’s strategy and the work unit’s goals.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that female candidates are highly encouraged and that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 4 April 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
 As applicable.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Human Resources Specialist
- Human Resources Associate
- Human Resources Assistant
- National Information Management Officer-re-advertised
- Human Resources Associate
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Associate
- Human Resources Assistant
- Finance Intern
- Administrative Associate
- Senior Data Management Assistant (Recovery and Stabilization)
- Project Assistant (PRU)-re-advertised
- Project Assistant (Health)-re-advertised
- National Officer (Shelter-CS)-re-advertised