Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the supervision of the UNDP Project Manager the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist the UNDP project team in administration and implementation of the daily project activities,
- Assist the UNDP project team during procurement processes in line with UNDP rules and regulations,
- Support the project team in development and preparation of ToRs in line with UNDP procurement rules and regulations,
- Assist the UNDP project team in budgeting and data collection
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organization of events, workshops, meetings, trainings and conferences
- Support the project team in logistical arrangements such as purchasing tickets and organization of transportation in consultation with the UNDP project team,
- Coordinate communication, correspondence and documentation with project partners and stakeholders in consultation with the UNDP project team,
- Assist consultants and project team members during field missions,
- Provide support to the UNDP project team during recruitments and preparation of related documentation,
- Draft meeting reports in Turkish and English,
- Translate documents from English to Turkish and vice versa whenever needed,
- Assist the UNDP project team in compiling documentation of project activities and keep records of day to day correspondences,
- Assist in communicating project news, events and results through the project website,
- Provide administrative support to the Centre for International Relations and European Union (EU)
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge in law, human rights, gender equality, social protection or socio-economic development,
- Research and drafting skills
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others)
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Turkish is required; Working knowledge of other language(s) is an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Turkish(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Development programme/project administration, Other development programme/project experience
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Turkey and legal residents in Turkey with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 06-12-2020