Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Ourorganization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Jinderes, the Project Logistic Officer will be directly supervised by Facility Manager.
The position will directly supervise:
- Logistic assistant
- Logistic Management and Support
- Internal and External Coordination
- Other Duties
- Logistic Management and Support
- Logistic focal person in Afrin for DDD project support;
- Support the team based in intervention area for the logistic functions including procurement needs of DDD health activities;
- Ensure collection of all the documentation required to justify purchase;
- Implement & follow up procurement tracker for all logistic purchases of goods for DDD activities in intervention area;
- Filing of hard copy of all logistic procurements and documentation;
- Maintain and update a comprehensive reachable archive data system (soft and hardcopies);
- Collect donation certificates for Logistic Department;
- Focal person for the update of shipment follow up tracker;
- Identify logistic and procurement needs for any type of new construction according to the activities in area of intervention;
- Plan work under the direct supervision of the Logistic Manager (for the technical advises) and the Facility Manager in respond to the programming needs;
- Support logistic department in implementation and follow-up of logistic functions;
- Vehicle and equipment management and maintenance;
- Safety and security training;
- Internal and External Coordination
- Coordinate with program staff to ensure DDD program run smoothly;
- Coordinate with Suppliers to ensure delivery of procured goods in a timely manner;
- Provide logistics support/advisory for partners, when required;
- Provide logistics support for meetings, workshops in collaboration with Antakya logistic base team;
- Provide monthly logistic report to Facility Manager and Logistics Manager;
- Ensure availability and update of training needs, training report, etc. to be submitted to Facility Manager and Logistic Manager;
- Report any security incident to line manager;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
- Other position related tasks
- Provide Arabic/English translation when it is needed;
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organisation of field trips and DDD activities;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- University degree (BA/BSc.) in Economics or Engineering or Management or Transport and Logistics or similar areas
- 2-year of experience in logistics or similar previous proven experience;
- Familiar with international NGO culture or multicultural environment;
- Familiar with the context of intervention area;
- Required: Arabic and English (oral and written);
- Preferred: Turkish
IT & Equipment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft package and data entry;
Intellectual & Physical
- Analytical thinking to evaluate different approaches/solutions for a specific environment
- Decision-making skills for acting on policies and strategies;
- Initiative and problem-solving ability;
Strategic and Long-Term Impact
- Creativity and the ability to think strategically;
Communication & Information flow
- Listening skills;
- Written and spoken communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels;
General Qualities required:
- Empathy for people facing difficult situations;
- Time Management skills;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 17.11.2019
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.