Izmir Biomedicine and Genome Center (IBG) is looking for a full-time Project Management Specialist to support the management, administrative / financial coordination of the EU-funded ERA Chair Project and the activities of the Project Management Unit.
Candidates must have;
- At least a Bachelor's degree, preferably a Master’s degree,
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience - in particular in the context of H2020 projects,
- Experience with project management methodologies such as PMP, IPMA etc.,
- Good knowledge of the European / National tools for project management would be an asset,
- Advanced English and Turkish language skills (reading, writing and speaking),
- Advanced internet usage and Office applications skills,
- Experience in using the project management software,
- Collaborative team player skills; investigative, solution-oriented and proactive personality,
- Strong communication and human relations skills,
- Excellent and detail-oriented planning and organization skills.
- Experience in social media communication would be a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main tasks for this position would include:
Tasks directly linked to the ERA Chair Project:
- To coordinate the activities to be carried out in accordance with the Grant Aggrement,
- To monitor the project budget and preparing financial statements for the ERA Chair Project,
- To ensure timesheets are completed and submitted on time for the ERA Chair Project,
- To support dissemination activities,
- To support the Education and Communication Department on the outreach activities when needed,
- To communicate effectively and timely with all stakeholders,
- To coordinate the meetings to be held within the scope of the project,
- To contribute to the preparation and submission of project reports to the EU Commission.
Tasks directly linked to the Project Management Office:
- To take part in the management of scientific research projects at the national and international level,
- To be familiar with all the projects carried out in the Center, and to support the management process of the projects in accordance with the project management methodologies,
- To take an active role in the preparation of management plans for the projects,
- To provide support to the project coordinator on administrative matters of the research projects carried out within our Center,
- To carry out activities on monitoring, recording and reporting data on research projects within our center; to carry out studies to continuously improve the existing “information management system” in accordance with this purpose,
- To support the execution of other works related to the project management given by the unit manager.
Applications should be sent directly to email@example.com and should include (i) a detailed curriculum vitae, and (ii) a letter of motivation.