Project Manager (and project Senior EOD TA) (Ref: 2 years or more experience in mine action field)
|Arapça (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
HUMANITARIAN MINE ACTION ASSOCIATION (iMFAD)
Position: Project Manager (and project Senior EOD TA) GAZIANTEP/KİLİS, TURKEY (Turkish nationals only)
Deadline: 16 July 2020
iMFAD invites applicants for Project Manager (and project Senior EOD TA) who will be responsible from planning and controlling all project activities assigned to her/him. S/he will be stationed in Gaziantep, visit Aleppo, Syria to support and control iMFAD teams working in Syria. The duration of this post is 10 months.
The overall objective of activities iMFAD in Syria is to reduce the risk of death and injury of men, women, girls and boys living near areas affected by the threat of EH.
The Project Manager will manage two projects of iMFAD in Syria. One of the projects is ERW Risk Education and the the other is NTS and ERW Survey and Disposal. Project Manager is responsible from elaborating a needs-based plan for the projects in the area of operations; prepare and familiarize him/herself with the project procurement documentation, financial and contribution agreements. Project Manager should have a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders to ensure the project(s) activities are fit-for-purpose and able to meet the business cases for both iMFAD and the Donor.
- Applications submitted by: 16 July 2020
- Review of applications: 17-19 July 2020
- Interviews: 20-22 July 2020
- Start date: 01 August 2020
- The project manager is responsible from all aspects of the project life cycle, from mobilization, through operational phase and demobilization. S/he must be able to apply, independently, the below duties and responsibilities of the project success criteria:
- Establish solid working relationship with the iMFAD management team, the contractors and grantees representatives, local authorities and other key stakeholders;
- Manage the information flows between the iMFAD Syria Project Management and the Contractors;
- Coordinate risk education activities with stakeholders like Local Council, official education departments and implementers of reconstruction, return and recovery projects.
- Coordinate survey and disposal activities with stakeholders like Local Council, security officials etc. and implementers of reconstruction, return and recovery projects.
Delivery and Performance:
- Develop and maintain project plans for iMFAD Syria ERW risk education and survey and disposal activities that are targeted in line with agreed priorities and coordinate these with relevant authorities, agencies, grantees and contractors;
- Develop communications strategy and procedures for iMFAD Syria ERW risk education and survey and disposal activities;
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by iMFAD Syria Project Management;
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle;
- Lead assessment of existing ERW risk education and survey and disposal capacities and provide iMFAD management team with periodical updates in terms of relevance, geographical focus and need for these capacities;
- Ensure iMFAD Syria grantees and contractors are appropriately in compliance with the regulations of authorities;
- Ensure both Project Teams review iMFAD Syria grantees and contractors risk education SOPs as appropriate. Ensure SOPs are compliant with IMAS and relevant national standards and review and approve as appropriate any proposed changes to, or revisions of iMFAD Syria grantees and contractors risk education and survey and disposal SOPs;
- Manage the project outputs, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary;
- Liaise with contractors and grantees;
- Identify and manage risks so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved;
- Manage and review quality;
- Project management requires strong project coordination and teamwork skills, initiative and independence, well developed analytical, planning and writing skills, attention to detail and attention to detail. Empathy, patience and a good sense of humor are important.
- Turkish – English translation, as required.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers and highlight challenges;
- Manage quality assurance of all iMFAD Syria grantees and contractors work and products;
- Draft and maintain weekly and monthly risk education and survey and disposal plans and advise the iMFAD management of any deviations from the plan;
- Conduct review of risk education staff training including plans, curriculum, conduct, testing and competence. Approve successfully certified and competent staff as appropriate
- Follow the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all organizational policy is complied with (Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions)
- Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- Manage and remain accountable for expenditures against the budget (based on accurate financial reports)
- Where the Project Manager has no delegation as a committing officer, s/he retains these responsibilities and will monitor and instruct/request others to carry out the relevant commitments and disbursements.
Personnel Management: if applicable
- Act as the Team manager, lead and motivate the risk education and survey and disposal project teams;
- Ensure that behavioral expectations of team members are established
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted
- Identify outstanding staff and bring them to the attention of the Director
- Select, recruit and train team as required by project plans
- Perform the Team Manager role, unless appointed to another person(s)
- Perform Project Support role, unless appointed to another person or corporate/Project function
- Ensure safety and security for all personnel.
This job description is intended to summarise the main duties and responsibilities of the appointment; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Project Management, Business Administration, Education or other relevant discipline with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience: or
- First level University Degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Project Management, Business Administration, Education or other relevant discipline, with a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience; OR
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in project development or management, with focus on monitoring, reporting, development or coordination in either public or private sector organizations.
- Experience delivering humanitarian projects in a challenging context is desired
- Ability to write clearly and coherently.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Communication: Strong communicator, negotiating, facilitating and presenting
- Costing and budgeting (some budget management experience)
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing, prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines;
- Fluency in English is required, and Arabic is desired.
- Computer literacy and excellent working knowledge of MS Office software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Have no obstacle to travel;
- Management experience 5 years;
- Two professional references are required.
- Turkish citizenship.
- 2 years or more experience in mine action field.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork;
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others;
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Commitment to the humanitarian principles;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Salary; The salary of the Project Manager will be approximately ….USD net per month. The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Turkish laws.
CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining suitability for the position applied.
Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.)
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
iMFAD does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator
Application requirement: covering letter (maximum 2 pages) and CV (maximum 3 pages) emailed to the address above with the reference number and the title on the subject section of the e-mail. The covering letter must explain your compliance against the selection criteria.
- Finance, Log and Admin Assistant
- Field M&E, Media and Logistics Officer (Aleppo /Ar Raee (Azaz) / Syria)
- Community Liaison Team leader & RE ToT Trainer (Aleppo/Ar Raee (Azaz) /Syria)
- Field Finance&HR&Admin Officer (Aleppo/Ar Raee (Azaz) /Syria)
- Survey/Disposal Team Member (Aleppo/Ar Raee (Azaz) /Syria)
- Field Manager and Security Officer (Aleppo/Ar Raee(Azaz)/Syria)