- Participate in developing the overall CCCM Activates strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials
- Provide input to project kick-off and close-out meetings
- Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives leading the CCCM team leaders to carry out the planned activates.
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with project team
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED technical guidelines and standards
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
- Regular update the work plan, output tracker, PMF and other documents relevant for effective project management
Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Contribute in the Review of the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs to the Area coordinator.
- Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to AC
- Contribute to the development of Procurement plans
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner
- Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to applicable scenario
- Confirm quality of material selection when applicable
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc)
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project staff
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with Area Coordinators
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management
- Manage interpersonal conflicts
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors
- Ensure project records and documents (Flat files, beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets etc) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct and FLATS procedures
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others
- Attend CCCM cluster meetings and make sure that monthly and ad hoc reports are submitted to the cluster.
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making
- Advise on, and assist with, project reviews conducted by AMEU
- Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learnt and provide relevant feedback for new project development
- Identify and analyse gaps, ACTED’s added value, synergies and opportunities in the areas the project(s) is / are implemented and pass relevant information to the N+1
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members
- Draft (internal) narrative reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up.
- Contribute to drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided.
Expected skills, qualifications and requirments
- University degree, (Civil, electrical, mechanical engineering is highly desirable)
- Extensive project management experience in emergency and/or development. Minimum of 5 years in the field (WASH/ SNFI/ CCCM) with 2 minimum years with managerial experience
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required (large team)
- Perfect verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience an asset
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
- Willingness and ability to conduct cross boarder site visits to the project location.
- This position is open only to Turkish ID holder and legally able to work in Turkey.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.