Post Title: Project Manager
Closing Date: 16-10-2022
SENED is an independent non-governmental and non-profit organization established in 2013 and registered in Turkey with the number 27-15-175. SENED was established by a group of humanitarian and social activists in responding to the Syrians suffer since 2011. SENED has become specialized in working with and supporting people with special needs since 2015 due to the realization of the tremendous tragedy that people with special needs live in Syria through periodic visits to their places.Job Purpose.
Based in Adana, the “Project Manager” is under the line management Program Manager. He/She will be responsible to
- manage project activities, supervise project staff, and support grant team to prepare new project proposals.Key Activities/Tasks/Duties
Core Technical Responsibilities
- Supervise project staff to plan and implement case management, Individual psychotherapy and group counseling, MHPSS, SNR Psycho-Drama, Awareness Raising and capacity building activities.
- Work with the team in the organization and externally to identify and register individual cases requiring protection intervention in the field and/or through community center visit,
- Supervise technical staff to undertaking rapid and detailed assessments of beneficiaries,
- Follow up individual protection cases and follow up until case closure.
- Write project reports including project targets and finance, procurement, logistic, recruitment updates and plans
- Support to record registered cases in the database in a timely manner and update information as necessary and ensure that progress is updated in the database,
- Ensuring accurate, timely and secure data entry of all the cases.
- Maintain highly organized CM hard copy files and update the database on a regular basis,
- Contribute to project strategies and to program development.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct and associated policies to project team.
- Representing organization when needed professionally
- Attending working group meetings in inter-agency level
- Organize monthly/weekly/daily meetings, follow-up projects work plan/indicator and report to Program Manager
- Take project staff’s feedback, challenges and lesson learns, and report them to Program Manager
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Overall coordination of all project activities and ensuring proper and consistent implementation
- Overseeing, reporting, and solving maintenance problems in the project center
- Establish and maintain good relations with key government stakeholders in the implementation area
- Ensure that project center provides and consistently maintains a safe environment for project participants. Maintain good relations with children, the parents/caregivers and staff,
- Coordinate training opportunities for project staff to ensure that project staff are increasing their capacities
- Develop performance objectives for each staff. Evaluate staff according to SENED HR policy.
- Build an effective team approach ensuring project staff are working together effectively
M&E Related Responsibilities
- Establish /manage/analysis project database and entering data to the donor’s system.
- Ensure the quality of project database and prevent duplication
- Prepare and update project risk analysis monthly according to updated project database and project progression
- Contribute for drafting an information management system to be used for SENED programs
- Coordination with logistic team for procurement plan of project
- Distribute tasks among the team for the preparation of purchase requests and service requests according to needs and budget of project, and follow-up ongoing works
- Coordination with logistic team for project assets and staff assets
- Focal point of SENED Turkey for protection program’s inter-agency case referrals and follow-up
- Attending coordination meetings of SENED in inter-agency level and represent SENED in these meetings especially in meeting with local authorities
Responsibilities on Grant Management Team
- Prepares proposals with grant management team by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Identify project ideas, develop, formulate and draft new project concepts, proposals, work plans and budgets.
- Contribute on preparation of indicators, work plan and budgets
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs and attending meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review,
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources
Required Qualifications (Education/Languages/Work Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Psychology, or any other relevant field.
- Advanced skills in the English language.
- Minimum of 3 year of proven experience in a similar position.
- Intermediate skills in the Arabic language.
- Intermediate skills in the Turkish language.
- Verified experience in humanitarian work and principles
Technical Competencies (TC):
- Advanced knowledge in project development
- Advanced knowledge in project management
- Advanced knowledge in report writing
- Advanced knowledge in Excel & Word
Core Competencies (CC):
- Planning and organizing
- Stakeholder Orientation.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Technological awareness
Supervisory & Managerial Competencies (SMC):
- Empowering others
- Managing performance
- Building trust
- Judgement / decision making
Child safeguarding Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to SENED, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. SENED is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
SENED expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. SENED employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside SENED.
How to apply:
- If you believe that your qualification meets the requirements of this position, we highly encourage you to apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH using the below link: https://forms.gle/KpBcP5rCezasA2dQ9
- The closing date of the position is 16-10-2022.
- Please note that only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
- Due to the urgency of the position, SENED retains the right to recruit before the closing dates.
- Only candidate with Turkish nationality are accepted.