The WASH and Shelter Project Manager is responsible for planning, developing, monitoring, and evaluating assigned WASH and shelter projects while assessing needs, designing projects, writing proposals, initiating, and effectively managing and reporting on the project according to the objectives, timeframe, and budget. Provide technical support, leadership, and strategic direction; meet quality standards in WASH and shelter delivery; encourage beneficiary participation; liaise with other stakeholders; and manage and train WASH and shelter staff.
- Manage assigned projects in order to meet objectives within budget and allocated time frames.
- Set clear objectives and indicators for WASH and shelter activities in collaboration with the shelter staff, field managers, and, where appropriate, with the local communities.
- Continuously monitor and supervise WASH and shelter activities, overseeing the technical design and execution and evaluating progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to donor and other applicable timeframes and formats.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in all aspects of the project.
- Provide strong leadership of the assigned shelter project, ensuring short- and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local authorities (where applicable), other partners and stakeholders, and local shelter staff.
- Actively communicate and present IYD with counterpart donors during meetings, related UN cluster meetings, and any other ad-hoc meetings. Additionally, prepare presentations where possible and present them on the available platforms.
- Manage the shelter budget for assigned projects and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet the IYD standards concerning financial management, including accountability and good governance.
- Develop new proposals linked to the shelter’s strategy and the relevant field managers.
- Lead and train WASH and Shelter staff in community mobilization and community engagement.
- Line-managed the Project Officer(s) and project staff of assigned projects, including day-to-day management, development, training, appraisals, etc. It may also be necessary to line manage other shelter project staff.
- Facilitate regular meetings to assist in information sharing between project staff, ensure all staff members are aware of project objectives and current work plans, and provide the opportunity for feedback.
- Provide coaching and technical supervision to staff to develop staff ownership and responsibility.
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent, and supportive communication structures with the assigned shelter team and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies, and other NGOs) to ensure good cooperation and partnerships.
- Support the logistics activities of WASH and shelter staff, particularly concerning purchasing supplies and equipment for the assigned shelter activities.
- Ensure shelter projects are implemented according to donor proposals and requirements and follow IYD policies.
Note: The above-mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Other future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department’s organizational chart.
Qualification (Education – Work Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering.
- Advanced level in English and Arabic.
- Master’s Degree in engineering.
- Three years of experience in project management.
- Advanced level in English, Arabic, and a good level of Turkish.
Core & Managerial Competencies:
- Planning and organizing.
- Stakeholder Orientation.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning.
- Technological Awareness.
Supervisor – Managerial Competencies:
- Building Trust.
- Managing Performance.
- Empowering Others.
- Good knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Excellent writing skills in English at a native-speaker level and demonstrated ability to write and edit reports and proposals under tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of the rules and regulations of major institutional donors such as UN agencies, ECHO, European Commission, US Government donors, and UK donors.
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration
We are strongly encouraging females to apply for this position.
Compliance to Anti-Harassment, PSEA, and Child Safeguarding:
- Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to IYD, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. IYD is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- IYD employees and related personnel must not under any circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside IYD.
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV only one time at a time).
- No resume will be reviewed after the specified date for receiving CV’s to the announced vacancy.
- IYD is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- IYD does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- IYD is not able to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
- IYD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
We thank all applicants. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.
Uluslararası İnsani Yardımlaşma Derneği
Association Internationale D’aide Humanitaire – IYD
International Humanitarian Relief Association – IYD
Uluslararasi Insani Yardimlaşma Derneği – IYD
IYD’s offices are spread throughout Turkey, France, and Syria.