|Country/City of Assignment:||Turkey/Mersin|
|Reporting Lines:||a)Reports to: Head of Program|
b)Supervises: IHA Officer, Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Psychosocial Worker (PSW), Physical Therapist, Rehab Worker, Emergency Medical Technician and Translators
2. Job Summary
Project manager will provide general managerial oversight to the program assisting urban based refugees in Turkey. The program focuses on physical rehabilitation and mental health, psychosocial assistance provided in Physical Rehabilitation Centers. The primary function of the Project Manager includes oversight of the implementation of program activities inclusive of supervision of staff, technical guidance to the program, day to day administration of overall program activity, and reporting, internal and external coordination with staff and partners and representation duties.
3. Responsibilities & Tasks:
Within delegated authority, Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Work closely with the sub-head office in Ankara to determine the operational needs of this program;
• Oversee all aspects of project implementation, scale up and phase-down, in coordination with all other departments (including drafting and negotiating MoUs with stakeholders, setting up and managing the project/operational systems, working with the relevant other staff on human resources and finance issues, and ensuring support for the ongoing M&E and Project development cycle) in accordance with the donor-approved grant agreement;
• Ensure the successful completion of assigned projects and plans on a day to day basis to ensure the effective and accountable management and implementation;
• Maintain close, monthly communication and positive working relations at all times with Senior Management and local authorities;
• Liaise closely with other local and international NGO staff to ensure proper coordination and effective capacity building in key areas of project;
• Work with field teams and logistics to procure project supplies within project budgets and according to agreed-upon work plans/timelines to ensure proper implementation and to spend project resources in a timely and well-planned manner while ensuring donor regulations;
• Work with the logistics team to oversee the design/procurement and technical quality of key project inputs
• Implement and maintain prescribed reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes of the project in line with the donor regulations;
• Compile and/or write monthly reports, ensuring statistics are correct and reports are drafted on time according to internal review process and donor submission deadlines;
• Contribute to production of follow-on proposals or other project documentation such as concept notes and need assessments for new projects;
• Regularly update sub-head Ankara office senior management on progression of the project as per internal protocols.
• Attend and participate in coordination meetings at the local, national and regional levels that are relevant to MSYD’s programs in Turkey;
• Represent the organization at coordination meetings, task force meetings, assessment missions, coordination meetings, and partnership meetings conducted by different partners on a regular basis;
• Plan and communicate project activities effectively and precisely with all stakeholders to safeguard the reputation and long-term strategy of the organization at all times;
• Contribute to the creation of a positive image and long-term credibility of the organization, notably through the high technical quality of the project and consistent application of the organization’s Code of Conduct, international standards for disaster response, internationally recognized humanitarian principles, and international law with regard to internal and external actors in conflict settings.
Human Resources Management
• Ensure compliance with all local labor laws including working hours;
• Maintain open lines of communications with all field and sub-head office staff;
• Apply MSYD policies in a fair and consistent manner, documenting decisions properly and ensuring a positive sense of teamwork and shared responsibility among all program staff.
• Determine training needs for project staff and project beneficiaries in accordance with the goal and objectives of the grant(s);
• Train and/or facilitate training for staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure viability and success of MSYD’s humanitarian operations;
• Work with program staff, external consultants, and sub-head office to implement capacity building component of all programs, with particular attention to documenting the impact and outcomes of project activities through standard M&E and reporting mechanisms as well as additional opportunities such as human interest stories, annual Project reports, etc.;
• Advocate and plan for professional development for all subordinate staff as needed.
• Maintain frequent and pro-active communication with MSYD Head of Programs and Executive Director, project managers, donor representative(s), and government representative(s) to report on implementation of program activities and objectives, operational needs or constraints, program successes, and any seen or unforeseen challenges that are encountered during program implementation;
Safety and Security:
• Model good practice in safety and security at all times, complying with all MSYD internal security policies regarding movement restrictions, obtaining necessary authorization before beginning any domestic or international travel, and following personal security best practices;
• Ensure application and compliance of security protocols and policies by all subordinate staff, document any security incidents experienced during program implementation, and disseminate security warnings or announcements to program field teams as appropriate.
• Graduate degree from an accredited university with a specialty in Political Science, Social Sciences, International Relations or a related field;
• Minimum 3-year experience in project design and evaluation within the humanitarian field;
• Experience of donor liaison and donor compliance regulations;
• Knowledge of project cycle management;
• Previous training and professional familiarity with the international humanitarian principles relevant to non-governmental organizations involved in disaster response, USAID guidelines, Sphere standards, best practices in the disaster preparedness and response fields, and the mandates of relevant donors and UN entities;
• Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times;
• Experience in working with NGOs and/or INGOs;
• Excellent knowledge of Turkish and English;
• Arabic knowledge will be an asset;
• Strong team building, relationship building and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines;
• Proven ability to work and manage time independently and professionally;
• No travel restrictions.
5. Additional responsibilities:
In relation to their level of skills and experience the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time that are reasonable.