Job Title: Project Manager
MAYA VAKFI is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Manager, Şanlıurfa
Project Location: Şanlıurfa, Turkey
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Field Office through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma Informed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and through its Volunteer Program Maya Vakfı provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
Maya Vakfi’s Trauma Informed Schools (TIS) program aims to provide a holistic approach by providing training, support and follow-up to school teachers and counsellors, psycho-social sessions to children, positive parenting seminars to parents, and activities to prevent bullying in schools. In cooperation with the Ministry of National Education (MoNE), Maya Vakfi has authorization to implement the TIS program in seven provinces across Turkey.
Maya Vakfi is seeking Project Manager to effectively manage the project and the team in Istanbul and work collaboratively with Sanliurfa team and TIS program Coordinator during the 2019/2020 school year.
The Project Manager will be a candidate who has strong project management experience and skills, particularly in managing staff, budget management, monitoring and evaluation. The candidate should have at least 2 years’ management experience working with international and/or national non-governmental organizations, preferably in the education sector. This position requires graduate degree in Psychology or a related area. Prior experience organizing and facilitating trainings with a solid understanding of the Turkish public-school system is highly desirable.
Specific duties will include:
- Taking a leading role in managing school project and the team in Şanlıurfa.
- Monitoring and delegating the tasks as required to the school team.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Ensuring Project deadlines, objectives and targets are met
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator
- Making school visits to coordinate training with teachers and school staff.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Work in coordination with MEAL department and ensure that monitoring and evaluation data is completed periodically
- Write monthly and weekly reports to the Program Coordinator and Directors
- Work collaboratively with the Program Coordinator on the training material to revise the training modules and PSS activities with children in the classroom.
- Taking a leading role in compiling all results from the field and submitting monthly narrative reports to Program Coordinator in English.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Undergraduate degree in Social Science or related field. Graduate degree is highly desirable.
- 2-4 years of project management experience.
- Experience of working as leading role, and/or having in-depth knowledge on the education sector or MHPSS services in Turkey would be an added value
- Work Experience of facilitating and developing field activities with children & trainings
in a school setting
- Experience organizing and facilitating trainings with adults is highly desirable
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- No restrictions with in-country travel
- Fluency in both Turkish and English is a must. All reports and stakeholder meetings will be conducted in English.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Good communication and coordination skills are required.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter to provided in the apply/başvur button referring to the position they are applying for by November 21th , 2020.