JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER
ABOUT MAYA FOUNDATION:
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Field Office through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system under the umbrella of Education Program. The Education Program currently concentrates around two complementary areas. While, one pillar focuses on extending the concept of Trauma Informed Schools together with its implications and practices within the public schools, the second pillar is designed to contribute social cohesion within the school environment with a specific focus on peer-bullying . Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and through its Volunteer Program Maya Vakfı provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
With a holistic approach, Maya Vakfi’s Education Program aims to provide technical assistance as well as capacity building opportunities via various trainings on trauma and PSS related topics as well as bullying and social cohesion to the school staff. Moreover, the Program also comprehends tailor made tools targeting children as well as caregivers such as psycho-social and psycho-education sessions for children, positive parenting seminars for parents, and activities to prevent bullying in schools. In cooperation with the Ministry of National Education (MoNE), Maya Vakfi has authorization to implement the Education Program in seven provinces across Turkey.
- SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Reports to: Programme Coordinator
- Staff directly reporting to this post: 21
- Collaboration: Programme Coordinator/HR/ Project Managers and other relevant teams within Maya foundation and partners
Key Areas of Accountability:
The Project Manager will be working under the supervision of Education Programs Coordinator and will have a leading role in social inclusion project. The Project Manager will be responsible for the timely implementation of the Project, establishing and maintaining good relations with the stakeholders with Public School Administrators, and relevant government officials. The position also holds great responsibility in planning, monitoring and evaluation, regular reporting of the activities, budget and team management. Although the position is located in İstanbul, Project Manager will be coordinating two teams (1 in İstanbul and 1 in Şanlıurfa). Therefore, strong leading and managerial skills are expected and frequent travelling to Şanıurfa is required. Aside from excellent managerial skills, the position also requires to be a good team player since collaboration within the Education Program as well as across different programs and support staff such as M&E, finance, HR and procurement officers is demanded.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the successful completion of assigned tasks to ensure the effective and accountable management of the assigned project.
- Ensuring effective implementation of program/ projects that meet contractual obligations including all internal and partner/ donor policy, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensuring the program is in line with community and beneficiary needs.
- Keeping track of the project expenditures, managing Budgets and understand Financial Reports
- Set Program/ projects plans (detailed implementation plan, procurement plan, human resource plan, spending plan…etc)
- Ensuring proper documentation and compilation of program/project data. Ensure all internal and external narrative and financial reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and final) are submitted within agreed time frames to the relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with the MEAL Program to develop the appropriate tools for the project and ensure data required for monitoring and evaluation data is completed periodically.
- Taking a leading role in compiling all results from the field and submitting monthly narrative reports to Program Coordinator in English.
- Managing the team effectively
- Coaching, mentoring, training, and development of program staff
- Work closely with Education Programme Coordinator to write, develop, and submit concept notes, reports, info notes that match with the high standards for the sector as well as the rules and regulations of the donor/partner
Qualifications and Experience:
The Candidate should preferably have experience in working in a local NGO and/or INGO. Having experience in fund management is welcomed. Moreover, having knowledge of organizational effectiveness, and operations management including implementing best practices with excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management approach are required. Good leadership and supervisory skills to motivate and inspire the team is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or relevant field.
- Master’s Degree in Social Science or in a relevant field. (Additional 2 years of experience in a similar position can be considered.)
- At least 5 years of full-time working experience in a similar area.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position and responsibilities.
- Experience in working with government institutions.
- Experience in working in education sector is highly appreciated.
- Experience working with NGOs/INGOS/IOs is highly welcomed.
- Languages: Excellent comment in Turkish and English. (writing –reading –speaking)
- Computing: Proficient in Microsoft Office including, excel, word, outlook etc.
- Communication skills: negotiating, facilitating, and presenting as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management, organization, and work prioritization
- Being analytical with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills in leadership and development
- Work overtime when required Collaborative and cooperative with other related departments e.g. supply chain, finance & grants, HR …etc
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter to provided in the apply/başvur button referring to the position they are applying for by September 27th, 2020