|Base: Izmir||Status: Fixed-term|
|Expected Starting date: ASAP|
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a humanitarian, impartial and independent non-governmental organisation based in Turkey, facilitating access to health care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty or exclusion. It seeks to stimulate and enlist voluntary commitment from medical and health care providers, and those with expertise in other fields.
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running projects aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Mental Health & Psychosocial Support and Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation services to the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements have taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. Over 3 million refugees, migrants & asylum seekers are currently hosted in Turkey which led to an increasing demand for health services and put a serious burden on the system. A need arose for permanent health facilities to provide services; and hence improve access to the services to a large number of refugees and migrants.
In this context, Dünya Doktorları Derneği’s intervention aims at assisting the local public health system in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul provinces.
In Afrin, DDD is preparing an intervention to assist population in need by providing health services.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Base in Izmir, the Medical Officer is under the line management of the Field Manager, and technical supervision of Medical Supervisor based in Istanbul.
- Health Care
- Other related duties
- Perform Consultations;
- Provide health care and emergency treatment for the patients;
- Implement medical protocols according to internationally accepted/DDD standards;
- In collaboration with the Nurse, provide regular health education to patients on diagnosis, treatment and medication (if prescribed);
- Follow up the filling of patient’s file;
- Ensure accurate recording of patient medical records;
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected (Patient files/charts locked in cabinet);
- Identify and to organise the transfer of emergency cases to the competent authority;
- Providing regular reporting on her/his activities to the line manager upon request;
- Providing the line manager with a Handover Report at the end of the contract;
Other related duties
- Participate in assessments with the Medical Supervisor, where and when necessary;
- Ability to travel and relocate if it is requested;
- Participate in any specialised responses, as requested;
- Represent and actively participate in any relevant meetings, as requested by Medical Supervisor;
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organisation of field trips and DDD activities;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Medical doctor degree; preferably eligible to practice medicine in Turkey.
- 1-2 years of clinical practice as a general practitioner.
Skills and qualities required
- Lead and implement the clinical direction for the organization
- Promote collaboration to both internal and external healthcare team members.
- Demonstrated management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of managed healthcare systems, medical quality assurance, quality improvement and risk management.
- Dedication to patient safety and quality of healthcare
- Commitment to organization’s values and vision
- Ability to lead standardization of care
- Inspirational to the healthcare team
- Superb listening skills
- Required: Arabic
- Desirable: Turkish (huge asset)
How to apply:
- To apply for the position, please click here.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 16th December 2018..
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.