Under the supervision of the Food Security Project Manager, The Food Security Project Officer will be responsible for support the implementation of the food project in northwest Syria (Idleb area) and support the filed food team in all stages (assessments, registration, distribution, planning and monitoring). Ensure work done is carried out against agreed quality standards, and ensure the project stays within assigned schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Planning and Implementation:
- Attend different field meetings when required and provide detailed reports to the Food Security Manager.
- Support the Food Security Project Manager and field team in collaboration, identification, registration, verification and selection of the project beneficiaries, according to defined selection criteria, as well as verification process.
- Assist the Food Security Manager in planning and implementing the project activities in the field.
- Track progress against weekly, monthly, and annual plans. Provide accurate and timely updates and reports as needed. Identify challenges and propose solutions to ensure timely and effective implementation of activities.
- Support the M&E team in the collation and analysis of beneficiary data and preparing reports.
- Maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner organizations, local authorities and humanitarian agencies.
- Promptly report any concerns or incidents to the Food Security Manger and liaise with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Guarantee and support the beneficiary accountability and participation approaches throughout the project cycle.
- Conduct basic analysis of the distribution database to support reporting to PD Department or cluster. Supporting programming staff in submitting reports to the UN or cluster system including 5Ws.
- Maintain files and archives of voucher and cash program support documentation, including price monitoring, sales record information, and vendor support.
- Develop key messages in nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure it is delivered appropriately.
- Submit and follow up on requests for support from operations teams, including procurement (OFs) Logistics (transfer of materials).
- Maintain the vouchers stock balance and the procurement plan updated.
- Support translation of documents between English and Arabic
- Record and promptly disseminate minutes for partner, staff and other meetings
- Schedule and organize and/or assist in activities such as meetings, conferences, trainings and workshops for project staff
- Follow up with field food team to prepare the payments in a timely manner.
- Follow up with finance/logistics colleagues in the process of reviewing payments raised by field team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to food security and livelihoods (such as nutrition, agronomy, rural development, agricultural economics or any related field experiences).
- Previous experience in humanitarian or development contexts, preferably with experience in Syrian context with INGOs/NGOs.
- Minimum of two years’ working in relief programs especially Food Security in the modalities in-kind, voucher, and cash.
- Excellent oral and written skills in Arabic and English.
- Acquire at least one-year experience in data analysis and management skills, fully capable with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PPT, Power BI)
- Turkish ID holder and legally able to work in Turkey is a must.
How to apply
Interested applicants should first fill the additional information form by clicking the link here and send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and position they are applying to in the subject line, Application for [Position] – [Full Name],
The emails without the relevant information in the subject line will not be considered.
Only candidates that are Turkish ID holders and legally able to work in Turkey will be considered
By applying for this position you certify that the all the details with your current application, are true to the best of your background and knowledge. You accept the legal mentions of www.acted.org and authorize the automated processing of your personal data by ACTED for recruitment, HR management and administrative compliance control purposes, in accordance with European regulations for the protection of personal data
ACTED is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the framework of its programs in Syria. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to ACTED Code of conduct and ACTED Global Policies especially regarding the protection of children and the protection against sexual exploitation and abuse. A rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken, and information will be requested from previous employers about any disciplinary action of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
ACTED is committed to gender equity and to have a balanced and diverse workforce. ACTED strongly encourages qualified women, persons with disabilities and persons from under-represented groups to apply to the position.
ACTED offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, and career coaching.
ACTED never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge.
The necessity of ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, with proper attention to promoting diversity, is the most important concern in the recruitment and employment of staff at ACTED.
Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.