Under the supervision of Food Security Project Manager, the Project Officer’s duties will include, among others:
Program Planning and Implementation:
- Attend different field meetings when required and provide detailed reports to the Food Security Manager.
- Support the Food Security Project Manager and field team in collaboration, identification, registration, verification and selection of the project beneficiaries, according to defined selection criteria, as well as verification process.
- Assist the Food Security Manager in planning and implementing the project activities in the field.
- Track progress against weekly, monthly, and annual plans. Provide accurate and timely updates and reports as needed. Identify challenges and propose solutions to ensure timely and effective implementation of activities.
- Support the M&E team in the collation and analysis of beneficiary data and preparing reports.
- Maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner organizations, local authorities and humanitarian agencies.
- Promptly report any concerns or incidents to the Food Security Manger and liaise with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Conduct basic analysis of the distribution database to support reporting to PD Department or cluster. Supporting programming staff in submitting reports to the UN or cluster system including 5Ws.
- Maintain files and archives of voucher and cash program support documentation, including price monitoring, sales record information, and vendor support.
- Develop key messages in nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure it is delivered appropriately.
- Submit and follow up on requests for support from operations teams, including procurement (OFs) Logistics (transfer of materials).
- Support translation of documents between English and Arabic
- Record and promptly disseminate minutes for partner, staff and other meetings
- Schedule and organize and/or assist in activities such as meetings, conferences, trainings and workshops for project staff
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Emergency Food Team (Emergency Coordinator, Project Managers, Senior Officers, Project Officers, Project Assistants, Information Management Officer), MEAL, Logistics, Finance and PR teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to food security and livelihoods (such as nutrition, agronomy, rural development, agricultural economics or any related field experiences).
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in humanitarian or development contexts
- Previous experience in Food Security and Livelihoods interventions.
- Exellent in oral and written Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills of using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power point and Excel.
- Turkish ID holder and legally able to work in Turkey is a must.
By applying for this position you certify that the all the details with your current application, are true to the best of your background and knowledge. You accept the legal mentions of www.acted.org and authorize the automated processing of your personal data by ACTED for recruitment, HR management and administrative compliance control purposes, in accordance with European regulations for the protection of personal data.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.