Post Title: Project Officer – Nutritionist
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Gaziantep or Hatay, Turkey
Duration: 3 months with 2 months of probation
Closing Date: 19.01.2020
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Project, the Nutritionist provides guidance and inputs to all aspects of nutrition related activities within the project. This includes contributing to relevant questionnaires, assessment, training material and approaches, and analysis. He/she works closely together with the Head of Project and the Project Officers, to ensure that the nutrition component under the project is implemented effectively and smoothly, in line with WHH regulations, donor regulations, and cultural practices.
Responsibilities of the Project Officer:
As part of the project team, the project officer will have to fulfil following tasks and
- Delivery of individualized and seminar-based consultations and training to beneficiaries on nutrition and ideal nutritional choices based on beneficiaries' current conditions, dietary habits, and needs in the field.
- Working with groups under risk regarding nutrition such as women and men, elderly people, people suffering from hidden hunger.
- Evaluating the beneficiaries' dietary needs through assessments of their health and exercise levels, dietary habits and supporting them to improve their knowledge
- Providing nutritional support to beneficiaries with chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, kidney diseases, digestive system diseases, and eating disorders
- Supporting pregnant and lactating women and improving their knowledge of their nutritional requirements
- Providing nutritional support to households and a balanced diet
- Supporting beneficiaries to improve their knowledge in food safety and hygiene, food preparation, cooking and storage
- In addition to the above, the Nutritionist may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Project.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or relevant vocational training in a relevant nutrition, dietetics or related field
- Working experience: 2 years of working experience in a similar position, preferably in a Non-Profit Organization/UN agency; working experience on nutrition/dietary diversity/dietary habits etc. a requirement.
- Good Computer Skills
- A good understanding of the situation and regulations concerning Syrians in Turkey is essential
- A good understanding of Syrian cultural understanding and behaviour regarding nutrition; familiarity with Syrian cultural norms
- Excellent knowledge of relationship between human biology, physiology, body functions and
- Understanding dietary habits, food opportunities and choices of local people and refugees
- Excellent knowledge of public nutrition
- Ability to understand people’s needs, supply courage and persuasion to beneficiaries
- Ability to work with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- Personality requirements Ability to integrate in a multicultural team, confident and self-assured personality, Proven good interpersonal and communication skills; Flexibility, tolerance, and capacity to work in a team, must be able and willing to interact with refugee communities in a friendly and open manner, good attention to detail, willing and able to work outside the office for a large part of the working time
- Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic and Turkish , English is strong advantageous.
Whilst employed by Welthungerhilfe, the project officer is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained in the course of work.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 19.01.2020 at the latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
Subject: Job Announcement - Project Officer (Nutritionist)
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.