Job Title: Project Officer
MAYA VAKFI is seeking a highlymotivated individual to join our team as a Project Officer at our BalatField Center
Project Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Project Duration: 9 months
About Maya Vakfı
MayaVakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-socialsupport (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experiencedtraumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions,domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence.Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the BalatField Office through creative workshops which give opportunities for thesechildren to express themselves through art, music, dance and movementactivities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also placesgreat importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into theeducation system through its TraumaInformed Schools Program. Strengtheningthe knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector isenhanced through Capacity BuildingInitiatives and through its VolunteerProgram Maya Vakfı provides training, support and mentoring tovolunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
· Provide overall support andassistance to the Project Coordinator in managing and running all activities atthe Balat field center
· Overall responsibility indealing with all administrative, financial and procurement issues related tothe center
· Taking a lead in ensuringaccurate and timely reporting and project progress and achievement
· Assisting with outreachactivities with communities
· Act as main focal point forBalat field center in the absence of the Project Coordinator
Qualifications, Experience andAttributes
· Undergraduate degree inBusiness, International Relations, Sociology, Psychology or related field.
· Experience working with I/NGOsin Turkey and working with refugee communities
· At least two years’ experiencein a similar role.
· Fluent in English and Turkish.
· Ability to be flexible, workin a fluid context and adaptation for unexpected situations.
· Ability to work effectively aspart of a team and flexibility to work with two projects and with differentstakeholders.
· Ability to be an analyticalthinker with excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent oral, written,interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV anda Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to the position they are applying for by November 30th, 2018